The wife wouldn't understand...

...she really wouldn't. I've been depressed all day and feel really grumpy.

I just took over Denmark in 2015 with an ace team full of wonderkids and such, and then got beat by Moldova in my first game in charge 2-1, and it wasn't a fluke... they walloped me.

I just imagined if this happened in real life, i'd probably impale myself on the little mermaid statue in copenhagen.

...she really wouldn't. I've been depressed all day and feel really grumpy.

I just took over Denmark in 2015 with an ace team full of wonderkids and such, and then got beat by Moldova in my first game in charge 2-1, and it wasn't a fluke... they walloped me.

I just imagined if this happened in real life, i'd probably impale myself on the little mermaid statue in copenhagen.

When will wives learn to understand about this beautiful game called Football Manager? :D

Yeah, should probably start a challenge replacing the club chairman with the missus, along with the following attributes:

Interference - 16 - 20

Patience - 1 - 5

Mental - 1 - 5

Tactical Knowledge - 1 - 5

Level of Discipline - 16 - 20

Motivation - 1 - 5

Temperament - 1 - 5

Loyalty - 20

Favorite club - 20

Go on. Scream at the chairperson who has sold your star striker.

my other half accepts it, but won't stop interfering :p

All comes down to game on the old classic FM 2007 when she recommended Alexey Yeremenko for my West Ham side (Alexey Eremenko on other versions) and he went on to achieve a season rating of 7.4 and went up in value from £4m to £9.5m

now it is constantly.......

wife: sign him (points at messi)

me: no he is not going to join Southend dear.

wife: just do it he is so good!

me: messi? southend? for 50k? no.

Yeah, should probably start a challenge replacing the club chairman with the missus, along with the following attributes:

Interference - 16 - 20

Patience - 1 - 5

Mental - 1 - 5

Motivation - 1 - 5

Temperament - 1 - 5

Loyalty - 20

Favorite club - 20

Nagging - 20

Sulking - 20

Interference - 16 - 20

Patience - 1 - 5

Mental - 1 - 5

Motivation - 1 - 5

Temperament - 1 - 5

Loyalty - 20

Favorite club - 20

Nagging - 20

Sulking - 20

Making you sleep on the sofa for arguing any decision - 20.

Sorry had to do it :p

My gf is always telling me who to buy. Tbf, her selections have little to do with a player's quality, but more with how odd their names are. ;)

That is exactly what my wife tells me to do!!

Turdo, butt and hulk are often recommended after which a fit of laughter usually ensues.

I even let her manage a game once (i saved first) after alot of hassle from her, she did okay to be fair and was 2-0 up at half time, sadly She went on to lose 3-2. It was a great effort though, and she did the family proud! (I quickly commandeered the pc again as I'm not so sure if It's wise to get the wife into 'your' FM game) :D

I bought my bird Viva Pinata on X360, to shut her up while im playing FM. Worked a treat! Would definately recommend to any guy who has wife/girlfriend who likes cute things! She'll be on it for hours!

FM in peace :)

Apart from the odd girly squeak of delight or the mandatory 'AWWWWWWWW!! My worms are romancing!! It's soooooo cuuuuuuute!!'

Ah, excellent responses. I've just shown my wife this thread and now she's going to kick my arse to next week.

I'll also suggest as an ability for a wife chairperson.

Saying things are fine when really they aren't, then bottling it up to tell you otherwise just when you're about to go to sleep - 20

Ah, excellent responses. I've just shown my wife this thread and now she's going to kick my arse to next week.

I'll also suggest as an ability for a wife chairperson.

Saying things are fine when really they aren't, then bottling it up to tell you otherwise just when you're about to go to sleep - 20

Do you want to get beaten up? ;)

i actually got into a fight with my bird some time back because of FM, see the thing is, we both are gooners in real life and when she saw me playing FM the other time, she started giving me her opinions and what not.

Now, she's a bright girl but when it comes to footy, most of her opinions aren't really what you'd regard as masterclass ideas but i generally either entertain them or just keep quiet and nod whilst looking to be in deep thought. Anyway, it all started with gallas failing to intercept a header and resulting in me conceding a goal in my game, against Villa. She heard me go 'tsk' and when i explained what had happened to her, she looked over to the screen and saw his half time rating was 4.9 (she knows that the ratings coincide with performances) and told me i should sub him off and bring on senderos for him. I don't know why but she has a soft spot for phillipe, (she's said that he reminds her of a nervous looking puppy in real life) and i didn't want to do that because i was playing against fast forwards. I told her that that would be a stupid idea and right after i said it, i knew i was in for it..

It ended with us arguing and me telling her that her opinions on football weren't really good, she saying that i was arrogant and most crucially, a 3-1 loss. :(

Hahaha this thread has made my day and Dysphoria, thats classic :D

I'm so glad my other half just lets me get on with FM while she watches the box. Although recently she has been commenting on matches (tv) and her knowledge of football is growing. Now I fear she may one day play FM and not let me on the PC because of the addiction that follows....

You guys don't know how lucky you are. My missus been playing the game with me since cm0304 and constantly whoop my ass despite using standard tactics and play George Graham type defensive football. :(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE this post.

I just showed it to my girlfriend and she even laughed! (She hates football and hates football manager even more).

The fact your missus actually 'whoops your ass' on it is brilliant, and must be really embarrassing for you! :D

i actually got into a fight with my bird some time back because of FM, see the thing is, we both are gooners in real life and when she saw me playing FM the other time, she started giving me her opinions and what not.

Now, she's a bright girl but when it comes to footy, most of her opinions aren't really what you'd regard as masterclass ideas but i generally either entertain them or just keep quiet and nod whilst looking to be in deep thought. Anyway, it all started with gallas failing to intercept a header and resulting in me conceding a goal in my game, against Villa. She heard me go 'tsk' and when i explained what had happened to her, she looked over to the screen and saw his half time rating was 4.9 (she knows that the ratings coincide with performances) and told me i should sub him off and bring on senderos for him. I don't know why but she has a soft spot for phillipe, (she's said that he reminds her of a nervous looking puppy in real life) and i didn't want to do that because i was playing against fast forwards. I told her that that would be a stupid idea and right after i said it, i knew i was in for it..

It ended with us arguing and me telling her that her opinions on football weren't really good, she saying that i was arrogant and most crucially, a 3-1 loss. :(

If you are losing, Big Willy is struggling in the air and has a below 5 match rating, she had a point!

Of course, failing to buy a defender with a bit of spring is criminal when managing Arsenal.

Archived