Help a noob from the States

Hey all,

Completely basic question (sorry). When a player is wanted by another club (WNT), how do I go about making it happen. To make this easier, is the answer one of the following?

(1) wait around for a firm offer to appear in my inbox;

(2) go to "offer to clubs" and make a proposal; or

(3) RTFM (in which case, kindly provide a section).

Thanks for the help! My friends are only vaguely aware of things like the World Cup, they are of no assistance for this game. Very addicting, incidentally.

Happy New Year

When you say "how do I go about making it happen" that you do wish to sell the player? I personally would head to Offer to Clubs, set a pretty high price, and see what happens. If you get no offers, lower the price slightly and offer him out again. Repeat until either you have bids for that player or the price gets so low you decide not to sell.

rinso - RTFM = Read the flippin' Manual (replace one of those words as required ;))

Wow, thanks for the fast responses.

I guess what I mean is that some players are wanted by specific clubs, but there appears to be no quick way to just offer the player to that particular club. If I read your responses correctly, I just go to the "Offer to Clubs" screen and take it from there. I suppose the interested clubs will act on that offer.

Wow, thanks for the fast responses.

I guess what I mean is that some players are wanted by specific clubs, but there appears to be no quick way to just offer the player to that particular club. If I read your responses correctly, I just go to the "Offer to Clubs" screen and take it from there. I suppose the interested clubs will act on that offer.

You used to be able to offer a player to specific clubs on old CM/FM's but you can't do that anymore. It won't let choose what clubs to offer to.

But like every one else suggested just offer the player to clubs and the teams that are intrested should come in with a bid for him. I always try and ask for double the players actual value, sometimes you get bids in.

If not then offer out the player again for a lower price untill you get some offers in. :thup:

Thanks—Speaking on behalf of the 28 people in America who watch football, I appreciate that :-)

There were at least twice that in the bar this afternoon, however, about 90% were British.

If you offer players out for much higher than value, you may only get offers over 48 months. Fine if you don't want all the money to dip into the transfer market yourself as you'll only get 25% (the first years worth) of the fee added to your own budget, assuming the board give you 100% of transfer fees receieved.

There's a lot more or us then that you know lol.....I'm sure Jim Rome would want it to be a low number though....

I would consider myself a compassionate person. Even though Chris Henry was...not the best person, his death saddened me. Same with that guy from Avenged Sevenfold. If Jim Rome were to die tomorrow, I would legitimately be just that tiny bit happier than I was before hearing of his death. The amount of bitching he does on his show is INCREDIBLE. And almost all of it unfounded and generally wrong.

Who's Jim Rome?
Some american Sports talk presenter who is always ragging on football

That's him. Jim needs to put on shorts and a shirt and go out and play a little DC. Nothing to worry about Jim as you know the game isn't physical so you won't have to worry about getting hurt. Hell the guys don't even wear pads:rolleyes: After the first corner Jim would be crying for the physio:D

Football is growing in The States, there are more fans than most think. Not fast, but I'd say slowly progressing earning more fans every year. It's not going to replace the NFL any time soon (ok probably never) but it has for this American who's grown tired of 5 seconds of action followed by 45 seconds of getting ready for the next play. Give me a choice of watching New England vs Indianapolis in American football or Chelsea vs Liverpool and I'll take the Premier League game every time.

That's him. Jim needs to put on shorts and a shirt and go out and play a little DC. Nothing to worry about Jim as you know the game isn't physical so you won't have to worry about getting hurt. Hell the guys don't even wear pads:rolleyes: After the first corner Jim would be crying for the physio:D

Football is growing in The States, there are more fans than most think. Not fast, but I'd say slowly progressing earning more fans every year. It's not going to replace the NFL any time soon (ok probably never) but it has for this American who's grown tired of 5 seconds of action followed by 45 seconds of getting ready for the next play. Give me a choice of watching New England vs Indianapolis in American football or Chelsea vs Liverpool and I'll take the Premier League game every time.

You should expand your knowlede base and follow and follow Newcastle in the Championship :D

Seriously though, its a shame its not growing as fast as it could do in the States. However, we get more news coverage over here in the UK about whats happening in MLS, mainly down to Beckham admittedly, but its ecouraging.

Then i'd guess it would be a Latin American? Either way, i just can't stand it being called soccer. Yes i know where the origination came from but to day its called football.

football is still a shortening of the full name, association football. If we're going to call something "football", let it be rugby football, the originator of the name. If you disagree with that, you shouldn't mind it being called soccer. :thup:

football is still a shortening of the full name, association football. If we're going to call something "football", let it be rugby football, the originator of the name. If you disagree with that, you shouldn't mind it being called soccer. :thup:

As this moment i'd like to point out the fact i live in Rugby, Warwickshire, England. Where the game of Rugby was created :thup:, so i do know all about it thanks.

I also mentioned a few posts back about it being called football nowadays and the i know full well where it originated from.

Lets not live in the past and get with the current times, eh?

As this moment i'd like to point out the fact i live in Rugby, Warwickshire, England. Where the game of Rugby was created :thup:, so i do know all about it thanks.

I also mentioned a few posts back about it being called football nowadays and the i know full well where it originated from.

Lets not live in the past and get with the current times, eh?

Sure, I just get ticked off at the people who get ticked off about it being called soccer, because it's a completely legitimate name for the sport. Probably the fact that I'm American(note: I do switch between the names, so it's not "American arrogance" of our name being better. I just think both work)

Sure, I just get ticked off at the people who get ticked off about it being called soccer, because it's a completely legitimate name for the sport. Probably the fact that I'm American(note: I do switch between the names, so it's not "American arrogance" of our name being better. I just think both work)

Not over in the UK they dont, well not in theory anyway :)

I suppose it makes more sense in the States as you call the NFL football so its easier to call football, soccer so as it doesn't get confused. Not that it would anyway as the NFL is massive in comparison obviously.

Would it be silly to point out that soccer is also a shortening of association football?

Alreday been covered, see below :thup:

Then i'd guess it would be a Latin American? Either way, i just can't stand it being called soccer. Yes i know where the origination came from but to day its called football.

to be honest it is easier to call it soccer in the US just because of how popular American Football is here. At least it is starting to gain some popularity here. Hell I remember watching the Chicago fire playing games at a high school and now they have a pretty nice stadium.

to be honest it is easier to call it soccer in the US just because of how popular American Football is here. At least it is starting to gain some popularity here. Hell I remember watching the Chicago fire playing games at a high school and now they have a pretty nice stadium.

I already said that ;), great minds think alike :thup:

I suppose it makes more sense in the States as you call the NFL football so its easier to call football, soccer so as it doesn't get confused. Not that it would anyway as the NFL is massive in comparison obviously.

Don't you have Soccer AM? ;)

Seriously though, at least we can agree that it has its place here. I don't want to get into a heated argument over it, because it's not worth it.

• 3 months later...
Some american Sports talk presenter who is always ragging on football
Who's Jim Rome?

he's a "tough talking" sports guy that actually is a bit of a wuss. google a youtube clip about jim rome and jim everett (former american football QB) and you'll see jim rome basically calling jim everett a girl, then cowering as jim everett upends a table and almost attacks him LOL

his radio show is horrible, as jim rome repeats the same stale jokes over and over and over and over and over... and over (get the picture yet?) and its full of trash talker call in's

i don't get why ppl listen to him

Archived