Patch problem

boj

Dear all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Mods feel free to move. I have just downloaded the patch for the game having just downloaded the game from direct2drive.co.uk.

i chose the digital patch as advised to and it has saved on my computer. however when i try to open it i am getting the message that it is an unknown file which windows does not recognise and to open it windows needs to know what created it. do i need a particular programme on my computer to be able to open it? i have got a brand new laptop with hardly anything on it but i'm desperate to get playing and don't wana have to quit my game to use the new patch.

any help is gratefully appreciated.

regards,

boj

rename the file... right click it, and select "rename"

ok mate, i've done that and then when i double click on it it asks me if i want to open the file or save it. i pressed open and nothing happens. should anything happen?

thanks mate.

hmm it should run it... whats the size of the file thats downloaded??

180,580 kb

is that right?

i downloaded it from the web so i'm assuming that means i should have downloaded the digital patch, is that right?

looks about the right size, yeah.

Id suggest trying to re-download it, as it may be corrupt if its not running.

Which version of the game do you have? (Steam/dvd)

i got it from direct2drive.co.uk. i did it through steam last year and had no probs. i take it that means i have the dvd version?

i have deleted the file and i'll re-download it now. ta pal.

Archived