Scouts skills

i apologise if i am posting in completely the wrong place or if this has been answered previously but i have a question about my scouts.

i have 7 scouts all of which have various countries in which they have a good amount of knowledge but is there a way of expanding there knowledge to more countries?

and how do i do that? just by sending them out a few times to the same place?

any help would be greatly appreciated

If you send them to a region, and leave the "roaming" box ticked, then they will continue to scout that area until you call them back. I've had scouts touring for over 2 years now, and they're still reporting back with players...

If you send them to a region, and leave the "roaming" box ticked, then they will continue to scout that area until you call them back. I've had scouts touring for over 2 years now, and they're still reporting back with players...

One thing I've never known about "roaming"...

If the scout is set to roaming, does he have to have knowledge of a particular country to scout and/or recommend a player from a given country? Will he have to build up knowledge, taking time, before he files reports? Or is it really just a scattershot of scout reports over time?

I think the roaming just means it will be a continual assignment, so he'll go, scout the region, and when he's scouted all the countries, he'll go back to the beginning and start again.

he doesn't "have" to have knowledge of the country, no, he'll build it up as he goes along.

Before, when you sent a scout to a region, he would only go for a certain length of time. He would compile a few reports, then return to the club and await a new assignment. The "roaming" option means he wont return to the club until you tell him to, he'll just keep scouting.

Thats my understanding of it anyways....

Am I thinking of FM10 or an earlier version... when I recall that a scout would build up knowledge in a country, over some time, only then to start giving reports? The problem was it would take awhile to build up knowledge of a country, only to find there aren't that many players to scout there. Maybe I never really understood the scouting knowledge & scouting system :p

I will send my scouts to Roam next time I'm in my game. Will see how that goes.

Also, when I send him to scout a country, he reports back with an email "Scout has highly recommended the following players". Then he moved to the next assignment. When roaming, do you get these emails periodically? Or do the reports just get filed (to see in the player search list)?

He should start reporting back on players a couple of weeks (maybe a month) after you send him off on the assignment, and you get emails into your inbox if he finds any suitable players. You should get an email saying whether he's found anyone or not...

much like this message

I think, if you get a "high" recommendation, it comes in through your backroom advice screen...

The difference is, your scouts assignment will end. Mine wont. (I think) Mine is only in Brazil atm, but he'll keep on going around and around in South America until I recall him, or he retires.

Archived