Graphic Cards?

This site will tell you if your machine can run it http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

Minimum spec is

PC

OS - Windows XP/Vista/Windows7

Processor - XP - 1.4ghz or faster Vista/W7 - 2.0hgz or faster

Memory - XP-512MB Ram, Vista/W7 - 1GB Ram

Video Card - 128MB minimum. Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported.

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

Mac

Intel Processor, OS X 10.5, NVidia Geforce 7300 GT / ATI X1600 Radeon

I couldn't honestly tell you, my laptop has always just played it with no problems......I have no idea where to go in order to find out what my graphics card is?

The link I posted will scan your computer to tell you if it meets the min spec.

If your laptop has always played it then FM10 should be fine though - it's the same spec as FM09.

Only 2 or 3 popular games need DX11 atm, even 10 has only FSX and Crysis listed that are appealing. A good DX10 card will set anyone up for the next year of gaming or 2 even! Im not touching DX11 till:

a. they are cheaper

b. they actually are value for money clockspeed wise

c. have games I like that run on them.

The 4870/90 and X2 versions are the ones to buy currently and still will be for a good while.

Look what games are DX10, if you dont have or dont want any then get a DX9 card, save a bundle and you can even have 2 if you MB can fit them.

I got the 4870 as it was good value for money and provides a power increase over many DX9 cards, the current DX11 cards seem to be the same as the 10s in most aspects...

Yeah,

This is what I thought. I have played every FM on this laptop since 05. I tried the system specs website and it said the processor wasn't strong enough, which makes sense I suppose.

However, it said that for Football Manager 2009 aswell so i am not sure anymore.

I think I will have a look at Nvidia :)

i have a radeon (not sure which model) 128mb and it runs the game, so op should be cool if he has more than me.

I'm thinking about a new PC with an i5, and a ATI HD5570or5770 1Gb card, 4Gb DDR3 RAM. Only PC game I play is FM but I do a load of other things with the home comp so I wanted a bit extra. Instead of Core2 duo

Cant really afford to go to i7 at the mo as i have 3 kids that get cranky when the need food.

Hey everyone!

I seem to have a big problem with the 3D game (unbelievably slow) and thought it might be my video card. I have an Intel 82945G.

My processor is fine (3.4GHz) and so is my RAM (4GB).

My system 3D rating is 0(!) evan though I have unchecked all the visual effects.

Any ideas anyone?

A.

i have a radeon (not sure which model) 128mb and it runs the game, so op should be cool if he has more than me.

I'm thinking about a new PC with an i5, and a ATI HD5570or5770 1Gb card, 4Gb DDR3 RAM. Only PC game I play is FM but I do a load of other things with the home comp so I wanted a bit extra. Instead of Core2 duo

Cant really afford to go to i7 at the mo as i have 3 kids that get cranky when the need food.

I would suggest the i5, unless you really need the extra power, great value for money and more suitable for gaming.

Unless you want to play Dirt 2 (the ONLY DX11 game that is popular at the moment) then I suggest getting two 4870s, you will get more "bang for your buck" as is said. Just make sure you look for a decent motherboard, a good one will pay back its value very quickly!

The current DX11 cards just are not value for money, unless you rig is all about showing off I say avoid them.

As for the RAM, 4 gigs is good, but I prefer tri channel, its the way forward IMO, 6 gig packs are a little more expensive but you will notice the difference between tri and dual. Also make sure the MB can support higher speed sticks (1800 and above) or you will find it going out of date pretty fast (unless you dont mind 12 gigs of slower ram in a few years).

The only people who buy non DDR3 capable systems are those working to a tight budget...

I play a lot of games, some need graphics, some need HD speed and others need processing power, so my rig reflects that

My 3 fav games atm are:

L4D2

FM10

FSX

My rig is:

i7 920 OC to above 3.0

6 gigs DDR3 1600

Liquid cooling

HD4870

SSD (MLC) with OS and FSX on

HDD with everything else

I plan to upgrade to a second 4870 or get two 4890s in half a year, this will see me through until some decent DX11 games are out in about 2012

My rig is:

i7 920 OC to above 3.0

6 gigs DDR3 1600

Liquid cooling

HD4870

SSD (MLC) with OS and FSX on

HDD with everything else

I plan to upgrade to a second 4870 or get two 4890s in half a year, this will see me through until some decent DX11 games are out in about 2012

Don't quite need i7

6gig tri is more expensive but couldbe an option

liquid not needed for i5 just i7 extreme

ATI HD card

SSD for OS out of my budget

HDD 1TB

Are you a ATI or NvIDIA man essentially?

Can You reccomend a decent (Cheap) builder? or do you do your own?

I reccomend Scans 3XS, overclockers or any other site that lets you put together a rig online,

My suggested setup is in the section above. The bit you commented on is my rig, I need the power for work and play, I suggested to you

I would suggest the i5, unless you really need the extra power, great value for money and more suitable for gaming.

Unless you want to play Dirt 2 (the ONLY DX11 game that is popular at the moment) then I suggest getting two 4870s, you will get more "bang for your buck" as is said. Just make sure you look for a decent motherboard, a good one will pay back its value very quickly!

The current DX11 cards just are not value for money, unless you rig is all about showing off I say avoid them.

As for the RAM, 4 gigs is good, but I prefer tri channel, its the way forward IMO, 6 gig packs are a little more expensive but you will notice the difference between tri and dual. Also make sure the MB can support higher speed sticks (1800 and above) or you will find it going out of date pretty fast (unless you dont mind 12 gigs of slower ram in a few years).

The only people who buy non DDR3 capable systems are those working to a tight budget...

I think you misread my post.

Archived