Retaining posession?

Has anyone else expierenced this that when you tell your team to retain posession in the last minutes of the match even after changing to defensive mentality they do the complete opposite and just give the ball away hitting it long and still attempting to attack ??

Try linking a few shouts together. I always use Pass to feet and Retain possesion together. You might want to try it out among a few others to see what works for you.

I tell them to take a breather retain posession and pass to feet whilst adapting a defensive mentality but doesn't seem to work. I actually find the whole touchline shouts to be poorly implmented espescially as there is no proper guide to them that i can find.

http://www.theawaystand.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/369-touchline-instructions/

read up on it here. most accurate description of touchline instructions. improved my success with fm10 100%

never use take a breather as the players refuse to run unless you're winning by 4 points and are trying to keep fitness. Also retain possession doesn't really do what it says it does. It simply increases the time-wasting bar, hence your team kicks the ball around and sort of keeps possession, but the longer u use time wasting the more riskier it becomes, which is why u experience ur players failing to hold the ball the last 10 minutes.

http://www.theawaystand.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/369-touchline-instructions/

read up on it here. most accurate description of touchline instructions. improved my success with fm10 100%

never use take a breather as the players refuse to run unless you're winning by 4 points and are trying to keep fitness. Also retain possession doesn't really do what it says it does. It simply increases the time-wasting bar, hence your team kicks the ball around and sort of keeps possession, but the longer u use time wasting the more riskier it becomes, which is why u experience ur players failing to hold the ball the last 10 minutes.

Cheers for the link,that makes an interesting read.

Archived