Over-budget on wages

Hi

I've taken control of a team in the Portugese 2nd Div, when I arrived they were already £600 pw over budget, I have two players who are earning £750 pw between them. I offered them both new contracts and they were prepared to take wage cuts that would have resulted in their combined wages dropping to £105.

Now the problem I have is that the player on £450 wants £80 per week but my board will only let me offer £65, surely they should take into account that this on it's own would knock £370 a week of my spend?

i joined st pats in the eircom league and they where 3000 over budget when i joined so i had to just let players go tat where quiet good none would take a pay cut, and when i was going to buy players some wanted 6k signin on few but could only pay out 5k they wouldn't join i even offered them move wages per week surely an extra 100 per week for two years would be more better than a once of payment of a 1k

sorry to go off topic

i joined st pats in the eircom league and they where 3000 over budget when i joined so i had to just let players go tat where quiet good none would take a pay cut, and when i was going to buy players some wanted 6k signin on few but could only pay out 5k they wouldn't join i even offered them move wages per week surely an extra 100 per week for two years would be more better than a once of payment of a 1k

sorry to go off topic

Correct spelling and a few full stops would have been quite good too, mate. ;)

That max wage stuff is a real pain, is there an IRL justification for it?

Yeah, the reason is, if you have money in your wage budget (the reason's pretty obvious if you don't :D) and you're trying to offer a new signing a large contract, the board will step in if the offered wage is fundementely larger than what the highest earner at the club earns. This is to stop one player earning a lot more than the others in his squad.

The thing I've always found with this is, if eventually you can then offer £80 per week, suddenly the players decide they want £95 per week instead, so you can never quite offer them enough. Its something that's frustrated me since the budgets were introduced.

That max wage stuff is a real pain, is there an IRL justification for it?

I think you're stuffed. When I had a similar problem I couldn't find a way out and just let half a dozen contracts expire at the end of the season.

IRL as you say is if a club cant pay 40k a week then they won't let you

we don't all live in england,where they pay 40k a week plus.

Archived