Suggestion: View All The Day's Goals button

I played a match just now, and after it ended I received some news about other results. Man City had beaten Man Utd 1-0 with a Robinho goal, and for some reason I felt like viewing the highlight of the goal.

It was quite funny. John O'Shea with a bad backpass (header) to Ben Foster, and Foster went into "catatonic-keeper" mode (the "super-keeper" alter-ego), and just watched as Robinho tackled him, won the ball, and passed it into the net.

So, because it was funny, I was glad I'd click-click-clicked my way to viewing that highlight.

And then I thought, wouldn't it be nice to view all the day's goals (of your league division, or cup competition or whatever of course) at the click of just one or two buttons? Like Match of the Day highlights? There must be so many funny goals, or beautifully worked ones, that most of us are missing out on seeing, even though they are taking place within our FM saves. It's sort of hidden away at present, or needing too many clicks to view them all, which amounts to the same thing.

How would this be done if SI decide it's a good idea? Well that's up to them, but here's one suggestion:

After your team has played, you usually get an inbox item such as "Confident performance from The Gunners", along with a summary of the match and 3 buttons which are Match Confidence, Analysis and View Highlights. Clicking View Highlights brings up 3 more options which are Extended, Key and Goals. Perhaps a fourth option could be added, with the name of the competition you have just played in, e.g. = View Highlights - All Premier Division Goals.

Or View Highlights - All European Champions League Goals.

Etc.

What do you all think? I reckon it would immediately make the game more immersive for some people. As we'd be seeing all our rivals and how they performed. Well, their goals at least. As real life football fans, the majority of us support a team, but that doesn't stop us from wanting to see how our team's peers did, and their goals etc.

Could even have a couple more options. E.g. All Premier Division Extended Highlights, and All Premier Division Key Highlights. Although it would probably take quite a bit time to generate and watch all that. But maybe some people would like it and wouldn't mind.

I should stress, this would in no way be obligatory, for all. It would just be optional.

I think you can. It is on the match results screen.

Now I know you can. I checked. On the match results screen there is an option to watch the goals and there is an option to watch the highlights on the days round up news item.

I think you can. It is on the match results screen.

Now I know you can. I checked. On the match results screen there is an option to watch the goals and there is an option to watch the highlights on the days round up news item.

Wow, how many other things am I missing out on lol. Cheers Anagain.

I spotted the highlights option in the day's news round up item, but it took me a bit to find the match results screen for various competitions so I could click on view goals.

So still reckon it would be nice to have a view all goals option in the round up as well, not just the highlights which take a bit too long.

Archived