Player reaction to press conference comments

It seems like no matter what I say at a press conference the player i'm talking about gets upset (often for no apparent reason-particularly when you are unveiling him as a new signing) -i've clicked on seemingly every option in the hope of changing things but it's still the same :(

anyone else have the same problem?

I'm managing Leeds, and have 6 games left in the first season in League 1. In a pre-match press conference, I got asked who I thought would win League 1. I replied "Leeds United". I thought this was a fair response given I'd sealed automatic promotion against Yeovil in my last outing, and had a 17 point advantage over 2nd meaning I only needed 2 points from 6 matches to confirm the title.

The news story reporting my comments in this conference was titled "Baffling Leeds choice for Coca-Cola League One title", and the story ended "It is thought the Leeds squad will not react well to my handling of the question."

Why would they react badly to me predicting us to win the title when it's 99% certain anyway?

Never call a press conference for new players... nothing good will come of it. And only attend press conferences if it is near the ned of the season and your assistant manager is likely to announce that your bitter rivals will win the premiership, and hes right when he demoralises the squad into the ground.

Archived