what to do with Liverpool...

Hey all,

just wondering how other users managaing the Pool are coping with the crippling debts? at the moment I am losing 6-8 mill a mth and have been from the start of the season. have just had a bit of a firesale in Jan to stay (temporarily) in the black which I fear might derail my title bid but by May I should be well in the red regardless. My wages are about a million a mth and the replayments are about 3mill. is the only solution to sell half the squad, raising cash and halving the salary bill? if so then it will obviously be extremely difficult to compete...

also, is this situation accurate to the best of peoples knowledge? I know the Americans have saddled us with debt but are we really losing 6m plus every mth? scary if so...

Yep, unfortunately thats the way things are atm.

The best way (obvious, i know) is to be successful. Win as much as you can, and the finances stay just about ok.

Buy low, sell high.

Scour the market for freebies/minimum fee release clauses.

take note of players who's contracts are expiring and try and sign them. (have done this, and managed to sell them the window after for a tidy fee)

get rid of any dead wood in the squad, and dont settle for the market value of players when selling, negotiate up. I managed to rake in over £100m in the first transfer window by selling off a lot of the squad.

Good luck with them, let us know how you get on! :thup:

I think you would get the best answer in the good players and team guide forum:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=153918

Thats the link to the Liverpool forum, there are some good answers in there plus many who are playing Liverpool. This would be the best place for the info you need I think

Hope it helps and good luck!!

DOH - beaten by the Mod...LOL :)

After the first season I'd suggest selling Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano for as much as possible. Daft on the face of it, except for the fact all can be replaced on FM for significantly less. It would buy you a fair bit of time and money to run on, it's quite possibly a decision that is going to have to be made irl.

thanks for the replies and the links. will have a look. currently pondering whether to sell one or more of the big 3 (torres / gerrard / mascherano) in summer to keep the wolves from the door but really dont want to...even considering offloading Carra and replacing him with burdisso from inter (who is available on a bosman) because of his huge wages,which is the closest thing i can think of to heresy!

do you know if i do end up 20 million odd in debt come june will nxt seasons PL money etc clear that temporarily or is it staggered through the season?

just posted that last comment there before I saw Rinso's reply, which answers my question and is a bit of a relief! any idea how much the tv money / prize money / sponsorship comes to for the pool, so I have an idea how much debt i can afforrd to rack up come june?

If i was the manager of Liverpool i would sell all the players off apart from Torres, Gerrard and possibly Reina.

Selling the other players should allow a manager to buy decent players that are capable of winning the league. I've made a team with 155 million capable of winning the premiership and other titles that may be in with a shout.

just posted that last comment there before I saw Rinso's reply, which answers my question and is a bit of a relief! any idea how much the tv money / prize money / sponsorship comes to for the pool, so I have an idea how much debt i can afforrd to rack up come june?

It kind of depends on how successful you are. I'll let you know my figures, then you have a rough idea.

Season tickets £27m

TV Revenue £9m so far this season, £53m for last season

Prize money £38.8m (won prem, semis of CL, 3rd rnd carling cup, 5th rnd fa cup, lost community shield)

Sponsorship £25m last season, £39m this season

I've won back to back league titles, but done nothing much elsewhere, as yet...

Yeah the sponsorship and season ticket money was a lump sum or in the first couple of months anyways. Season tickets thing goes up gradually. If you're doing reasonably well, then hopefully you should get a decent amount in!

Just started season 2 with the Pool, after winning the league and league cup.

ATM the value of my Liverpool on the overview page is £325M (loan debt £326M)

however I did sell quite a few e.g. Benyeoun (sp), kuyt, babel, dossena, and only 40% of the fee going in my transfer kitty...

I haven't played LFC with patch 10.2, but I found the incredibly high non-footballing costs the thing that made it even more difficult to have a healthy club. The costs were almost as high as the loan costs themselves.(35 mil or so, which is a lot). Despite a surplus in transfers of 20 mil I was quickly very poor. At one point I was down -17 mil pounds. After winning ChL and PL, I had a surplus for a while.

Stopped the save soon after, so I don't know how it pans out in the long run...

I would sign young - therefore cheap -, creative players with good potential. Also if you can get good, experienced players on the cheap while the new breed bed in all the better. Liverpool suffer from a derth of attacking options which see them drop points and they are too reliant on Torres/Gerrard staying fit.

You should be ok as during the summer you should receive significant funds - i've read that quite a few people have experienced takeovers and such - personally i'm in 2013, Tom Hicks has finally departed and my new owner is............

Christian Purslow :confused:

Never seen that coming.

You'll be fine mate.

I started a season with liverpool and spent £66m spread over 48 months, brought in 65m by selling dead wood such as Dossena, Babel and co. Start of second season, I won league in first and CL, I have 70m in bank and 40m to spend on transfers.

The debt makes it harder to be a major profit making club and getting a new stadium but it doesnt mean you have to seel your superstars.

I move into my new Stadium at the end of the season (2016) w00p!

Finances are fine on my game though. I lose plenty per month, but i've won a lot and done well in the transfer markets. I've got feeder clubs abroad for commercial useage as well. Currently £138m back balance. I got 9 sponsorship deals per year. They rake in stupid money.

Archived