Defensive Midfielders = Yellow card a game

Are defensive midfielders "obligated" to receive a yellow card every game? sometimes just to make it faster, they get one in the first minute or something like that, then go through the rest of the game without getting the second.

Javi Garcia had 20 something yellow cards in 26 games and 3 red cards .. on the third red card he got mad at me because he got a 1 week fine .. like he's a saint.. :rolleyes:

Josué (my other Def. Mid.) has the same problem.

PS: Tackling is set to "normal".

Maybe he's not the best tackler in the World. Or maybe he's playing against players of greater skill. Or maybe his pressing is too high causing opponents to dribble past him so he has to hack them down. Maybe he has a high dirtiness rating. Could be a variety of things.

Are all his cards for fouls, or are some for arguing with officials.

so much to consider in it - how hard the tackling, other aspects like tackling rating, anticipation, dirtiness.

also consider the position of the player, are they making tackles from the side, behind, are these covering tackles on the counter, etc

Not sure, but it could be something to do with putting players out of their best position, causing them to be in the wrong place due to their inexperiance at the role and having to make crazy tackles to try and get the ball?

I've got Masch on 15 from about 36 games. Seems normal here. I've got him on hard tackling and he's doing the job nicely. I'll settle for the odd yellow when I've only conceded 11 EPL goals.

Veloso not booked yet in my portuguese game - 26 games in.

• Administrators

Yeah I have to keep an eye on anyone playing that role, saying that I'd say my bloody CB's pick up more bookings. I had Rivas at Newcastle get five red cards in a season (although he does have aggression 20!) :D

Well, i guess my tactic doesn't help him, i'm managing Benfica, so playing in Portugal there are only two other teams that in theory may cause problems, and thats one of the reasons i play offensively

......*......

....*..*....

.*........*.

......*......

.*..*.*..*

......*.....

sorry if thats a little confusing

as you can see, it looks like a christmas tree lol, there's a big space between my defensive midfielder and the two offensive midfielders, in this case, javi garcia has to "clean" that area pretty much alone, since there's no support he might make a few more fouls than i think he should hence the large number of yellow cards.

Archived