Guide/Instructions

I have bought FM2008 yesterday online.

I have successfully downloaded it, and tried it, but I cannot find any guide or instructions for the game.

While I understand the basic mechanism of the game, some questions stay unanswered.

For example, when the game starts, it asks if I want to already have a job or not. I opted for "no", and I see the season starting and games being played, but whenever I look at the job center, I do not have any option to apply for a job.

Any help on this particular topic or just to help me find out where the guide or instructions are located would be welcome.

Thank you.

I have bought FM2008 yesterday online.

I have successfully downloaded it, and tried it, but I cannot find any guide or instructions for the game.

While I understand the basic mechanism of the game, some questions stay unanswered.

For example, when the game starts, it asks if I want to already have a job or not. I opted for "no", and I see the season starting and games being played, but whenever I look at the job center, I do not have any option to apply for a job.

Any help on this particular topic or just to help me find out where the guide or instructions are located would be welcome.

Thank you.

You need to wait for clubs to sack managers, or managers to retire before you will be able to apply for a job. You will also only be able to apply to international management, and to teams that are in your loaded leagues.

The fact that you have gone for unemployed at the start, also means that it may be a while before a job offer comes your way. You will literally have to start at the bottom of the proverbial barrel.

On my game (and it's FM05, so it may not be exacty as I've laid out, but it should still be similar) If you click on jobs from the drop down enu, it takes you to the job centre.

The job centre shows all staff vacancies, but you can only apply for managerial posts.

You can sort by vacancy by clicking on the 'vacancy' column header, and then look at the avaliable manager posts. You should be able to apply for them.

Or (and I reckon this is a better way of doing it) from the job centre, there should be a link to "job security" on the bar on the left. This will only show manager jobs.

If you sort by clicking on the 'job status' column header, it will show the avaliable jobs at the top.

Underneath it will show insecure jobs, which may become avaliable in the near future - ideal if you're holding out for an offer from a favourite/interesting club.

If you've just started a game, there may be no jobs avaliable, but if you've chosen enough leagues there are usually a few kicking about.

If there aren't (or you've gone far enough that they've already been filled), then the first managers should start getting sacked around february or so.

This is because every manager starts the game with a clean slate. Past your first season, there should be vacancies all year round.

Click the club who have no manager that you want to apply for. There will be an option in the bottom left corner 'Apply for job' in the squad screen.

For managers with an 'insecure' status there will be a 'declare interest' option in the same location.

Archived