any chance of a goalden gloves award?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

well, we already have premiership select, i think that really is enough, i think golden gloves is rated on the number of goals scored agaisnt, but i might be clean sheets too, or just ratings, can someone clarify! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it must be for a specatcular save rather than fewest conceded, otherwise Reina couldn't have won it.

I agree though, Premiership select tells us what GK was best, I wouldn't really understand a best save award because you can't tell with the 2D engine. It would be like when an overhead kick wins goal of the season but all we see is the ball hitting a blob in the 6 yard box icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

still.

we have a golden boot award and i feel that it would be good to have awards for the keepers as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's for European goalscorer of the year, there is a European Goalkeeper of the year, mine consistently comes second behind someone with poorer ratings icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assen:

It's for most clean sheets.If it's even they look how many matches they play(the one who play more matches win i think). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this is the case should Van Der Sar not have won it this year? Or did he have less clean sheets than Reina, even though Man Utd conceeded less goals?

Standings from the 21st April:

16 David James

16 Jose Reina

14 Edwin van der Sar

13 Petr Cech

Since then, Man U and Chelsea had one clean sheet, Portsmouth 0, and Liverpool 2. Assuming those were the keepers (I haven't checked), it would be

18 Jose Reina

16 David James

15 Edwin van der Sar

14 Petr Cech

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

Standings from the 21st April:

16 David James

16 Jose Reina

14 Edwin van der Sar

13 Petr Cech

Since then, Man U and Chelsea had one clean sheet, Portsmouth 0, and Liverpool 2. Assuming those were the keepers (I haven't checked), it would be

18 Jose Reina

16 David James

15 Edwin van der Sar

14 Petr Cech </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

#

nice one!

so it's solely based on cleansheets so it should be a relatively non-problematic change

Archived