Strange injury behaviour

Koki

Sometimes when players get injured during a match they can stay on the pitch until the end of the match. But after the match however, my physio tells me that the player will be out for 8 weeks? (no operation involved, btw)

Come on! If he was able to continue the match right after he got injured, he surely could play the next match in a week?

Not necessarily, adrenaline can do some pretty cool things, I've had times where I've been sore, not really able to train for a couple of weeks, but managed to play out the game alright.

Another point is that the physios want to make sure, particularly if it is a ligament injury, that it will not happen again soon, he may look like he is fit and ready to play after two weeks, but there is a lot of work going on at a tissue level.

I am still suffering from an ankle ligament injury from July. At the time I though I had just done a little sprain and ran it off and carried on but after another 48 hours I was in agony and needed time off of work as the ankle had severe swelling and bruising. Although I can run on the ankle now it is still not fully healed and I have to rest much quicker.

I experienced myself that ligament injury's you can live with them on that game but after the cool-down period i felt such a pain and limped for a week.....

So those injuries with green cross :) can be easily realistic.

I second that. Finished a game with a level 1 sprain ankle, and a lot of pain the days after. Only until 6 weeks later I'm back in the game (and after a lot of rehab work).

Archived