Help!

I'm not sure if this is in the correct place, if not i apologise and please feel free to move it to the right place.

What it is, is i bought the game yesterday and installed it and everything was fine, the game played and was running OK, not very quick, but quick enough to play it. I don't like to do pre-season, i find it boring so i set it for my assistant to do it, and then when i eventually reached my first match, it would start and everything, but then at some point through-out the game, my laptop would cut out? Does anyone have any ideas on the problem?

Don't get me wrong, this could be down to my laptop, i'm not sure. It also did it on FM09, but only occasionally and it was rare. I re-started from the save point on 2010 and it kept doing it, its very frustrating.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Try to play FM with your charger in as i have a top end dell laptop and its runs so much quicker and smother with the charger in

I do have my charger in all the time.

As for the spec, i'm not entirely sure, but it used to be fine on FM09, until recently and now it is doing the same on FM2010. Its frustrating, i think it may be more of a laptop problem than FM though, but was wondering if anyone else had any similar problems?

A little bit old but may be worth checking out this thread and running some of the tests shown:

http://www.sigames.com/sibase.php?type=view&id=142

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

I'll have a look now, cheers.

Also, i've been looking through some settings and i don't have much RAM space remaing so i am looking for ways to extend this. Also, the processor doesn't seem to be too good either.

It could be an overheating issue. You should download something like Speedfan and check the temperatures that your CPU and GPU are running at - especially when playing FM.

That was my original thought, i thought it was something to do with the fan, because when i had the laptop on my knee it went off not long after starting the game, however, when i had it flat on a table, it seemed to last a little bit longer.

If the laptop is cutting out completely, it is almost certainly an overheating problem with the laptop and it is cutting out to stop further damage. Google the problem and you will find many sites giving advice on how to resolve it but blowing out the cooling fans is a good start.

If the laptop is cutting out completely, it is almost certainly an overheating problem with the laptop and it is cutting out to stop further damage. Google the problem and you will find many sites giving advice on how to resolve it but blowing out the cooling fans is a good start.

Thanks for that.

I did some research, and i was advised to blow out the fan like you said. I took my laptop apart and got the fan out and gave it a blast, and so far so good. It looks to be running much smoother now, and has not cut out yet. It usually cut out after about 2 matches, but i've done 4 on the run so far and not had a problem, so fingers crossed, seems ok.

Thanks to everyone for there help.

Most lap tops have an intake fan and an outlet fan, best to carefully remove both and clean through, the problem is usually caused by fluff and dust sucked in and then blocking the inside of the outlet fan grill.

Most lap tops have an intake fan and an outlet fan, best to carefully remove both and clean through, the problem is usually caused by fluff and dust sucked in and then blocking the inside of the outlet fan grill.

Thanks. I cleaned one fan today and seems to have done the trick.

Archived