Update to 10.2 or not?

I would say update, I'm enjoying 10.2 more than I've enjoyed an FM game for a while. Of course there are some problems but, for me anyway, I'm really not being affected by them as much as some.

You could always copy your save file and store it somewhere else then re-install and go back to 10.1 if you really don't like it!

Posted them same myself and was convinced to do it. Hated it at first but love it now. I did have to adjust my team a little in my save game and at times i wished id never bothered but after a season i really saw the benifits. I Only watch in 2D so wouldnt know bout 3D crash. Def glad i patched tho.

Why? Whats wrong with it?

- All players run 9 km-13 km per match, save the keeper. I have no idea why they changed it to an unrealistic amount.

- The amount of one-on-one chances. Especially for the player.

- Linesmen are more awful than ever.

- Attributes doesn't seem to have much impact, if any.

- The best of chances don't result in goals, but poor chances do on a regular basis.

- Computer players who have never played or very little in the season, and have poor attributes shine in areas where they are weak - ie tackling and heading. This has been an issue before, but seems worse than ever.

- The corner bug is still around.

- The conversion of CCC is incredibly poor, and the amount is incredibly high - even when you disregard the one-on-one bug situations.

The last patch of FM 2009 was a lot better than this version of the game in terms of how the games pan out on the pitch(behavior of players on the pitch).

Let it be known I have no difficulty winning games or leagues, but the way things pan out doesn't seem gratifying, so it's not a whine in any way. Just some things that needs to be ironed out to make the best of this version of FM, because there is a lot of good also.

- All players run 9 km-13 km per match, save the keeper. I have no idea why they changed it to an unrealistic amount.

According to ProZone it would seem to be fairly accurate actually.

One-on-one chances are a little bit unbalanced but they aren't as bad as people make out and there is no difference between the player or the computer. Both are subject to the same match engine.

That is absolute rubbish. :rolleyes:

How so? I haven't seen any evidence for this.

C.

Maybe you should read it again? It's both related to PL, and midfielders only.

One-on-one chances are a little bit unbalanced but they aren't as bad as people make out and there is no difference between the player or the computer. Both are subject to the same match engine.

It's bad, when you play a style with a lot of counter-attacks. The computer doesn't seem to have the same amount of one-on-one chances, which is okay. I however have at least 5 per match. If you read the Devs comments they are aware of the problem, so...

That is absolute rubbish. :rolleyes:

Great retort, and utterly useless(like this one).

How so? I haven't seen any evidence for this.

C.

Well, I can't be faulted that you haven't. It is as much alive as it has ever been.

Seems pretty realistic to me. Have a look round the t'internet and you'll find examples backing this up.

If you're playing counter attack football I would expect to have more 1on1's than other tactics. So your point is???

Pretty realistic then if actual football is anything to go by

Nonsense, of course they do.

- The best of chances don't result in goals, but poor chances do on a regular basis.

My team score from great moves, rubbish moves, 1 on 1's, crosses, corners, thru balls, free kicks, bad defending. I could go on, but what I'm saying is your point is rubbish.

- Computer players who have never played or very little in the season, and have poor attributes shine in areas where they are weak - ie tackling and heading. This has been an issue before, but seems worse than ever.

A player who's not played much would probably be trying harder to make up for missing games and try to win a regular place. Or it could be in your imagination, can't say I've noticed any closet super heroes.

The corner bug??? WTF?? You people will believe anything. You know the worlds flat and we didn't evolve right?

- The conversion of CCC is incredibly poor, and the amount is incredibly high - even when you disregard the one-on-one bug situations.

I believe that this has been mentioned and gone over time and time again. The opinions of respected FM'ers such as wwfan should be listened to because he's pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Interesting. The distance that players cover during a match seemed a little excessive to me in 10.2 but I didn't know how it compared to RL. They say the average ground covered by midfielders is 11.49km per game and that it isn't too far short of the figures of Gerrard who apparently covered the most. In my game, the guy at the top of the distance covered table has 13.4km, with top20 all with 13km or more and 100th place is held by a player who covers 12km per game. When you take into account that I'm also playing a lower league than the Premiership, I think it's safe to say that SI did go a bit overboard with it and it's the reason why players tire so easily in 10.2.

I've come on here slating the game enough at the start, so i best say that the new patch has made some significant improvements for me. Or maybe i've finally got used to the new tactics system?

Or maybe not because i still ship in goals, but it seems a bit more realistic now. I actually experienced a 0-0 draw in one game!

Interesting. The distance that players cover during a match seemed a little excessive to me in 10.2 but I didn't know how it compared to RL. They say the average ground covered by midfielders is 11.49km per game and that it isn't too far short of the figures of Gerrard who apparently covered the most. In my game, the guy at the top of the distance covered table has 13.4km, with top20 all with 13km or more and 100th place is held by a player who covers 12km per game. When you take into account that I'm also playing a lower league than the Premiership, I think it's safe to say that SI did go a bit overboard with it and it's the reason why players tire so easily in 10.2.

I'm playing non-League and I'm getting what I would consider to be accurate distances covered per match (between 8-11km on average).

Also, I have found the players condition reducing during games is pretty much spot on in my opinion. I've not had any problems with it and it seems about right to me.

C.

Excellent post edgar555. Couldn't agree more with everything you said.

This comment made me laugh out loud. :D

Nice to see some comic relief on the forum occasionally. ;)

C.

Glad I can make people laugh. As said on the 'superkeeper' thread though, I'm out of here. This forum is far too sucky for me right now and I've got some quality FM10 to play.

Seems pretty realistic to me. Have a look round the t'internet and you'll find examples backing this up.
It's not realistic that defenders, midfielders and attackers run the same amount. Certain midfielders have higher workrate, and broader areas of attention.
If you're playing counter attack football I would expect to have more 1on1's than other tactics. So your point is???
Of course you have more, but you are looking beside my point. The point is that the computer don't adjust to my way of playing as the match goes on. It is pretty onheard of that you get so many in a top level game, and the way they happen. The problem is defenders marking, and is an issue that SI are aware of.

Pretty realistic then if actual football is anything to go by

Yes, they do make mistakes, some grave, others what you really only can see in replays. However missing 5-10 yards offsides, or calling offsides with you are 5 yards onside, is beyond grave mistakes. This happens to both computer and player alike.
Nonsense, of course they do.
Then explain to me how someone terrible at tackling can win 9 out of 9 tackles? Explain how someone with low workrate can run 13 km per game?
My team score from great moves, rubbish moves, 1 on 1's, crosses, corners, thru balls, free kicks, bad defending. I could go on, but what I'm saying is your point is rubbish.
Yes, but the frequency of poor chances conversion vs great chances conversion is not really realistic. You have a terrible way of addressing someones' post.

A player who's not played much would probably be trying harder to make up for missing games and try to win a regular place. Or it could be in your imagination, can't say I've noticed any closet super heroes.

Look harder.
The corner bug??? WTF?? You people will believe anything. You know the worlds flat and we didn't evolve right?
You people? When my defenders score 15 goals in 30 games on corners, I would say the bug is still around. But I think I am wasting my time, and well - I don't really understand why you post at all, as you don't really have anything relevant to say, and can't even debate constructively, and counter anything I say with points of value. It is pretty clear that you are a fanboi, who is blind to matters at hand.
I believe that this has been mentioned and gone over time and time again. The opinions of respected FM'ers such as wwfan should be listened to because he's pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Yes, there are issues, and I pointed it out to the person who asked if he should update. What are you doing?

'A pathetic insult [...] to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.'

Sounds about right, doesn't it?

I'd like to see bans for everyone using the insult 'fanboy'. There is simply no need for it.

If you cannot make your point without resorting to insults, then you are clearly a total moron.

*IRONY ALERT* ;):D

C.

Can someone tell me what a fanboi is and why it is necessary to call everyone who disagrees with you one? :confused:

I'm assuming that it is opprobrious and therefore I must ask if there any need for it?

C.

It is not that you and the other guy are disagreeing, but your argumentation(or lack thereof). Fanboi is a person who loves the game so much that they will defend it no matter what flaws you put in front of them. The opposite of a hater really.

Funny you say this, because you have yet to come with any sound counterarguments to mine. I have explained why I feel the way I do. Explained my point of view. You and the other guy just find them rubbish without elaborating. So which one of us failed miserably? It is not a trick question.

I'm playing non-League and I'm getting what I would consider to be accurate distances covered per match (between 8-11km on average).

Also, I have found the players condition reducing during games is pretty much spot on in my opinion. I've not had any problems with it and it seems about right to me.

C.

I don't really have a problem with it either but it does seem strange that players with decent stamina get exhausted near the 70th minute mark. It's not a huge problem or anything but the numbers don't sound right either when the 100th best player in the Championship covers more ground than the player who covered the most in the Premiership. It wouldn't surprise me if 13km over 90 mins was some kind of a record IRL and yet it happens regularly in 10.2.

Anyone using the word 'fanboy', or 'fanboi' (and I don't really understand why replacing the 'y' with an 'i' is necessary :confused:), immediately gets added to my ignore list. :p

I figure that if you can't make your point without resorting to name calling then you clearly don't have anything valuable or worthwhile to say in the first place.

C.

Anyone using the word 'fanboy', or 'fanboi' (and I don't really understand why replacing the 'y' with an 'i' is necessary :confused:), immediately gets added to my ignore list. :p

I figure that if you can't make your point without being offensive then you clearly don't have anything valuable or worthwhile to say in the first place.

C.

Judging by your standards of posting, the loss is not on my end. You have contributed with nothing.

The "i" is put there, because it is a word part of the gaming culture, and therefore often is spelled this way instead of with the normal "y"

Glad I can make people laugh. As said on the 'superkeeper' thread though, I'm out of here. This forum is far too sucky for me right now and I've got some quality FM10 to play.

It is a shame to see that a poster like you has decided that he wants to have a break from the forum, although I can totally appreciate your viewpoint. It's not a nice place to be at the moment, with lots of negativity and people slinging insults around. I am, myself, going to have a break from GD too. I'm totally fed up with the way that it is at the moment. I'm intending to spend my time in the 'tactics' and 'career updates' parts of the forum from now on and to stay well away from here.

Regards,

C.

It is a shame to see that a poster like you has decided that he wants to have a break from the forum, although I can totally appreciate your viewpoint. It's not a nice place to be at the moment, with lots of negativity and people slinging insults around. I am, myself, going to have a break from GD too. I'm totally fed up with the way that it is at the moment. I'm intending to spend my time in the 'tactics' and 'career updates' parts of the forum from now on and to stay well away from here.

Regards,

C.

Your SI bumlicking will be sorely missed

Regards

O.

Your SI bumlicking will be sorely missed

Regards

O.

With comments like this, shows you have nothing to offer the forums

Regards

R.

And to the original question, you should update to 10.2, it will your game even better

Personally, I'd only update when starting a new game. I, like many others, found that my pre 10.2 tactics were completley useless after patching and sapped the enjoyment from that save. Thats not to say it will happen to you, but it has happened to a fair few. Having started a new game though, I feel 10.2 is the best patch.

'A pathetic insult [...] to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.'

Sounds about right, doesn't it?

I'd like to see bans for everyone using the insult 'fanboy'. There is simply no need for it.

If you cannot make your point without resorting to insults, then you are clearly a total moron.

*IRONY ALERT* ;):D

C.

Sod irony. Excellent idea, both fanboy and fanboi should be chcuked on the swear filter. Sick of seeing it used as the bandwagon of those who are losing the argument.

Oh, and on topic, update to 10.2 despite the minority of naysayers whoring themselves over every thread in a thinly veiled attempt to turn every discussion into a bandwagon for moaning.

I scored more goals after my update...And "superkeepers"(if they ever existed) dont bother me at all because i still score tonnes of goals, heck sometimes i even think my keeper is the superkeeper with his multiple point blank saves

So I repeat, UPDATE IT and ENJOY

I scored more goals after my update...And "superkeepers"(if they ever existed) dont bother me at all because i still score tonnes of goals, heck sometimes i even think my keeper is the superkeeper with his multiple point blank saves

So I repeat, UPDATE IT and ENJOY

That's exactly what "superkeepers" are.

I say update to 10.2 but keep your 10.1 save under a different name. Play a few matches and see if you like the ME. If not, you can always go back to 10.1.

10.2 isn't neccessarily as bad is it's sometimes made out to be but it does have its flaws despite what some of the non-moaners ;) will tell you.

!0.2 kicked the crap out of me for awhile, but after a season or so it really took shape plays well. It's much more a challenge, IMO, because of the sophisticated ME. You always have to remember that you are playing a tough ME whether your up against Barca or Burnley (no disrespect).

Update.

That's exactly what "superkeepers" are.

I say update to 10.2 but keep your 10.1 save under a different name. Play a few matches and see if you like the ME. If not, you can always go back to 10.1.

10.2 isn't neccessarily as bad is it's sometimes made out to be but it does have its flaws despite what some of the non-moaners ;) will tell you.

Really huh? If my keeper is the superkeeper then what's there to complain lol...And i was just joking,haha...Actually I've not seen superkeepers so far in my game, the highest rating i saw for a keeper is 8..And that only happens sometimes(not more than 3 times in my manutd 3 year career to date), which is realistic as keepers do have good games

Lay off Crouchy and Edgar, Crouchy easily one of the best posters in GD, I've seen him post some threads about how he dosen't like the game in a particular aspect, or maybe some constructive criticism, so Crouchy is certainly not the opposite to hater, trust me.

Got to agree with bluebirds here. Lay off them Crouchy is one of the most respected members on the forums due to his unbiased views (except on dots vs 3D of course).

Anyway on topic. OP install 10.2 it's made the game a lot better.

The last patch of FM 2009 was a lot better than this version of the game in terms of how the games pan out on the pitch(behavior of players on the pitch).

Let it be known I have no difficulty winning games or leagues, but the way things pan out doesn't seem gratifying, so it's not a whine in any way. Just some things that needs to be ironed out to make the best of this version of FM, because there is a lot of good also.

I'm not sure about all these issues although I agree there are some serious issues with the game.

Personally, I think I'll just wait until the end of Feb for the last patch and then decide whether to play a long term game.

One thing I'll definitely be hoping for is fixes for most of the most common crashes. Fm2010 is without doubt the most crash-happy release for several years and that it very bad.

Archived