Opinions please

I am the manager of Derby and was glad that the patch 10.2 was out as i have been conceding long range screamers since the start of the game till now and i am in currently in the BPL. I duly updated the patch halfway in the mid-season of season 5. I was in a lofty 1st position at that point of time and have a couple of points from the 2nd team.

However after installing the patch i began to drop points but i was not too concern as my team has been overperforming and i am not expecting them to win the league. In fact last season 8th place was my best position and any position that qualifies for europe would have been a good season. At the end of the season i was at 2nd position and had qualified for the champions league.

2vdh02c.jpg

So at the start of the 6th season, i would presume that given my last season's success, qualifying for europe again will not be a problem. I made only 2 changes to my first team line-up, replacing my left winger with a regen, and my DMC Miles Addison with Jack Cork.

But things went pear shape as my team just cant seem to score given that i have not changed my tatics at all. In Jan now of the 6th season and i am in the 9th position.

10dse3c.jpg

What prompts me to post here to vent my frustration is the game below that just ended. After 10+ mins into the game, Chelsea had 5 attempts at goal, all on target and all converted! So 10 plus mins into that game and i am 5-0 down. At half-time as you can see below, they had 3 clear cut chance and they scored 5, while i had 5 and scored 2.

vde81x.jpg

Another game below, i had dominated the whole game and yet it ended one goal to my advantage

2hekk5h.jpg

And lastly i was away to Boro, had 12 shots on target and 2 clear cut chances yet it ended 0-0.

2qlfuw8.jpg

It seems that after installing this patch it seems to take many chances to score a goal. i would very much prefer that they reduce the number of highlights (less goal attempts) to reduce the goals to chance ratio, if otherwise it is just unrealistic to have such results.

I must add that i am a long time fan of the CM/FM series and i have played most versions without fail. In fact FM 09 was the best for me where i can play hours on ends, and weekends was something that i always looked forward to as i can have the whole day playing my favorite game.

While FM 10 has all the shiny bells and whistles, interesting new features and such, it has left me frustrated, stopping after every an hour of 2 of game time due to initially the number of long range shots and now the inability to score despite many chances score. Now i just leave the game speed at the highest as i no longer anticipate the next one on one chance or the next corner kick.

I wish the FM team will take a look at the ME again and review what was the drastic change they had altered from the previous version(s).

Archived