couple of questions re indiv tactics and subs

Hi guys really enjoying FM 2010 so far but just have a couple of questions to ask.

Firstly, do enjoy using the new individual player tactics options it now much easier to use and become familiar with the tactical side. Only thing is I keep finding myself having to change the individual orders back to my preferred individual tactic for each player all the time when bringing other players on and when changing players, because the individual tactics seem to automatically save to the position rather than the player. Therefore is there any way to save indivdual tactics to each player so that when making a change, the person coming on will automatically have his individual tactics changed to the settings you want.

Also i've found particularly during friendlies when one of my players picks up a niggle and ive already made my full number of substitutions, there isn't a way to just take him off the pitch. I think there is a way if he picks up a serious injury, but is there a way to just take off someone who picks up a niggle and you want to avoid aggravating it further rather than have him try and run it off.

As far as I'm aware, no is the answer to all of your questions.

NO, simple as. When a player has an injury though, leaving him on the pitch seems to have little effect from what I've seen. I've left players on and it's a minor injury after the match, but I've took players off and then they're out for weeks! So wether or not you take them off doesn't really matter, although I do think you should have the option to. :thup:

One other thing guys, im sure I read that you can recall your players back from international duty if you want (I was possible on previous FM games also), but how do you do it?

I've got a Tunisian international who keeps getting called away for international duty when I need him for league games (happens to many teams I know), but I can't see a way to attempt to recall him or refuse him to play for his country in their uncoming games. I wouldn't have expected it to be possible to refuse them from playing in the african nations for example, but you should be able to have a say with friendlies (sure arsene wenger agrees). Is it possible?

Just noticed something which has got my back up, I conceded from an opponents indirect freekick largely due to the failure of my playes to carry out my instructions. I clearly set one man forward, 4 in the wall and 5 man marking. What happens? 2 of my players go forward and of course the unmarked guy in the box scores. What the hell!?

Is this due to my players not listening properly to my instructions because they don't fully respect and want to play for me? Or do you reckon its a game bug?

One other thing guys, im sure I read that you can recall your players back from international duty if you want (I was possible on previous FM games also), but how do you do it?

I've got a Tunisian international who keeps getting called away for international duty when I need him for league games (happens to many teams I know), but I can't see a way to attempt to recall him or refuse him to play for his country in their uncoming games. I wouldn't have expected it to be possible to refuse them from playing in the african nations for example, but you should be able to have a say with friendlies (sure arsene wenger agrees). Is it possible?

You have the option to withdraw them from the squad when you get the news that they are called up in your inbox. This can only be done for friendlies. There should be a button int he right bottom corner.

Cheers guys, thought there was a way to stop a player from playing in friendlies. Though seems poor about the tactics, people spend time tinkering with positioning from set-pieces and it hardly seems to make any difference!

Lets hope they can correct that in the next patch.

You CAN take off an injured player off the pitch even if you've made all the substitutions. Just try substituting him for anyone in your squad and the game will ask you if you want to get him off and continue with 10 players.

Archived