Crazy transfers with Patch 10.2

Ive noticed since installing Patch 10.2 there seems to be alot of crazy and unrealistic transfers, for examle Barcelona have just bought Fox who was at coventry before he went to Celtic also AC Milan have signed Scott Robertson from Dundee United these are just two examples of something which would never happen, does anyone else notice this with there game and if so tell me what transfers have went through which you find unreal

It seems to be very easy to shift players out, even more so on 10.2... when i started new game, i managed to get rid of Skrtel (10m) Riera (13.25m) Aurelio (6.25m) Benayoun (13m) Dossena (9.5m) Kuyt (14.25m) Lucas (9.75m) and the best two...

N'Gog went for £7.5m.

Voronin went for £6m.

Also signed Burdisso on a freebie, but he was pretty poor so listed him in the january window at his value (3.8m) got a couplke of offers at that, then one at 4.5, then one at 5.25 and one at 6.75. Why on earth would clubs bid that far over a players value and asking price??

Casillas is one of the best keepers in the game and i suspect Madrid didnt want to sell it hence the huge transfer fee.

I think people are easily mistaken by what is meant by crazy transfer fees and fees where the club does not want to sell the player but will if an outreagous bid comes in from a club.

Aurelio, Benayoun, Kuyt, Lucas, N'Gog and Voronin are realistic transfers. I wouldnt be surprised if Liverpool sold them all to clubs. Benayoun, N'Gog, Voronin are not that good (in my opinion) and would be sold by Liverpool is good offers came in.

It's true. He was on their list of young players they watch a few years ago, the same list as Gago and Higuain, and reportedly almost signed for them but got injured or something I think.

i very much doubt it, you have just taken speculation and took it as fact

Ive noticed since installing Patch 10.2 there seems to be alot of crazy and unrealistic transfers, for examle Barcelona have just bought Fox who was at coventry before he went to Celtic also AC Milan have signed Scott Robertson from Dundee United these are just two examples of something which would never happen, does anyone else notice this with there game and if so tell me what transfers have went through which you find unreal

Which leagues do you have active/database size?

Just wondering what size database and which countries are loaded in your game? I remember experiencing something similar in FM07 because I only had England tagged so there was a lot of "eh" players going to AC Milan, Real Madrid, Barca etc because the game recognized these teams buy lots of players. I now always play with a large database and at least several divisions in England, Italy, France, Spain, Scotland and Portugal on. Not sure if that is the case for some or if their PCs can handle it, but I can't say I've had these issues since using this set-up.

It's possible that they wanted some more backup options, and pretty cheap ones at that!

With the exception of that above screenshot, it's possible that the players were playing quite well, and transferred as a result of that. I have a defender with average stats that I had never heard of IRL, but he gets a solid 7.5+ for every match. He's only 20, so lots of big clubs are interested. More realistic than basing AI transfers on stats alone.

Reading this post makes me laugh cos I believe si know about this problem on 10.2 I start with bolton and sold the following players with about 20 bids each

J lloyd samuel lyon 7.5m

habsi 3m OM

Nicky Hunt 5m Sunderland

Riga 7.5m Sunderland

Ricardo Gardner 9m Shaktar

Andy o brien 5m Everton

Danny Shittu 5m Porto

And the good player out of the lot but a massive price Gary Cahill 22m Man Utd

Hey guys i don't post that often but said I may as well start and this post caught my eye!

I always like to keep an eye on man utd in my FM saves and i'm currently managin Notts County...might make a thread about them later.

So anyway i've noticed united makin a few very strange signings in my game so far like:

Gary Cahill £13.75mil from Bolton - and he's now unhappy cos of lack of first team football (what a waste!).

The other thing about united is there signings tons of regens! I would say maybe a quarter of their first team squad has regens in it who they picked up on a free and they're not even great players.

A lot of the big teams are makin signings like this and i think it should be sorted out in the january update cos with a budget of 74mil united could do a lot more and signing all these unknown guys is makin the game a bit unrealistic! The only realistsic transfer I have seen is Chelsea signing Suarez from Ajax for £22mil cos they are apparently interested in him IRL.

So anyways this was basically just a big rant on the failings of the transfer system in FM! Other than this the game is top notch for me!

I think all the people that test this game should be sacked. Why is it that hundreds of people on these forums are finding so many bugs and problems with the game and none of them could? I'm sure they found some problems but there are so many more that have slipped through the net it's unbleievable.

as Celtic manager Barca and Real Madrid have come knocking for Brown and McGeady. I suppose they could make it for being deep, deep backup players. Maybe. The weirdest thing is the idea of them shopping around for players in the UK who are MOR by standards of top La Liga teams, when backup players of that quality could be found easily locally, or in countries where players bought will have less adjusting to do.

Very few English and Scottish players travel outside of the UK also, even those of a quality to do so. Could a trend like that be worked into the game?

I'm still playing on the 10.1 game and finding it incredibly hard to sell players at a decent price. I was getting so tired at the lack of interest in Bellamy that I offered to clubs for 0....ZERO! And still no offers

these crazy transfers happen on 10.2. I had a save with man city and barca bid 12m for bellamy amongst other clubs

I think all the people that test this game should be sacked. Why is it that hundreds of people on these forums are finding so many bugs and problems with the game and none of them could? I'm sure they found some problems but there are so many more that have slipped through the net it's unbleievable.

Because people were rushing them to get the patch out quickly and if it was delayed there wouldve been mass uproar on the forum

I dont really see the problem in my game with patch 10.2 and transfers. If Barca and Real went out and bought all the good players first season then who would be left for us to buy? Also personally iv always hated gettin robbed fee wise for my players so if Man U want to give me 10 mill for a player i think is rubbish why moan about it if your getting chanrged high fees for players you want. Isint it just evening itself out?

i agree Paul, how are we going to let si games know about this before they make patch 10.3 so all these problems can be ironed out, is there a place we can get in touch with the makers so they know about these problems

Hilarious. Wow, I can use sarcasm too!

Hilarious. Wow, I can use sarcasm too!

This was not sarcasim i wasbeing serious, we have to let si games know about these problems or it wont get sorted, its ok us all chatting about it here on the forum but if si games dont know then how will they know

Transfers for me are the biggest part of the game... Therfore the crazyness of what they've done in the 10.2 patch is awful... sure it was hard to sell players in 10.1 but i preffered it to the way it is now...

So for me... once again this game won't be playable till 10.3 after Jan probably in February sometime.

Oh well i've always got Cod and Fifa

The transfer system will naturally be incredibly hard to balance, some players even now can't be shifted despite the fact there would be interest in them for free irl in the same way you were offering them out. On the other hand, players who there wouldn't be as much interest in, especially at 2-3m there is far too many clubs after.

I think there is perhaps a need for a tiered system or something more advance, which can allow clubs to change mentality when a player is free and they only have to pay wages etc.

The one thing that annoys me is you go for a clubs star player and the fee is over 100m that they want. They come in for your star player offering the value or less, sometimes maybe a bit more and 99% of the time scoff at even the suggestion of bids of 30m and the AI is unrelenting in this way.

Ive noticed since installing Patch 10.2 there seems to be alot of crazy and unrealistic transfers, for examle Barcelona have just bought Fox who was at coventry before he went to Celtic also AC Milan have signed Scott Robertson from Dundee United these are just two examples of something which would never happen

Lambert to Dortmund from Motherwell to win the European Cup - yip never happens IRL.

the transfers are crazy..

iker casilas cost me £125mill

You're the crazy one.

Imo the biggest problem is that teams pay too much for too old players.

Clubs are willing to invest tens of millions for players aged 28+. This happens very rarely in real life, and usually for clubs like Real Madrid

Gerrard being touted for €30/40m in foreign press at the moment. And other than clubs 'like Real madrid' who else would spend tens of millions in players at any time?

Lambert to Dortmund from Motherwell to win the European Cup - yip never happens IRL.

You're the crazy one.

Gerrard being touted for €30/40m in foreign press at the moment. And other than clubs 'like Real madrid' who else would spend tens of millions in players at any time?

Excuse me but what exactly are you defending?

There is a CLEAR and obvious problem with too many mediocre transfers to big clubs and you go off an pick out one example from the last 15 years?

SI have acknowledged there is a problem, plain and simple, so it's not worth trying to defend a flawed system.

I'm sure it'll be fine in 10.3 but at the moment it's broken.

as Celtic manager Barca and Real Madrid have come knocking for Brown and McGeady. I suppose they could make it for being deep, deep backup players. Maybe. The weirdest thing is the idea of them shopping around for players in the UK who are MOR by standards of top La Liga teams, when backup players of that quality could be found easily locally, or in countries where players bought will have less adjusting to do.

Very few English and Scottish players travel outside of the UK also, even those of a quality to do so. Could a trend like that be worked into the game?

What you have said on the bottom is something I feel needs bringing in to the game a stat that say's how likely a player is to move abroad the same needs to apply to managers as on this game lot's of british managers end up managing abroad which just doesn't happen irl the same with the players. SI perhaps a feature to place in next year ??

you go off an pick out one example from the last 15 years?

I'm sure if I was anally retentive I could tell you lots more.

SI have acknowledged there is a problem, plain and simple, so it's not worth trying to defend a flawed system.

If it's not worth 'defending' an acknowledged flawed system, surely it's equally true to say it's not worth continuing to moan about it either? Unless you thrive on negative energy of course.

If it's not worth 'defending' an acknowledged flawed system, surely it's equally true to say it's not worth continuing to moan about it either? Unless you thrive on negative energy of course.

Moaning about it brought the problem to SI's attention. They acknowledged the problem and said that they're going to fix it in the next patch, yet here you are trying to prove that there is actually no problem at all! I'm inclined to think that SI know better. Moaning can be fruitful.

Archived