Unsporting play

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. In two successive games now I've had one of my players put the ball out of play when the opposition have a man injured. Both times, they've gone straight on the attack from the resulting throw to score. This cost me a draw in the first game, and may cost me points in this game. Crucial, relegation-battling points.

Now, etiquette asks that these young chaps return the ball to me out of thanks. There's no rule, they've done nothing "wrong" as far as football is concerned. But consider that

• There's no tactical option to not put the ball out of play, and
  • There's no means of complaining about the unsporting behaviour of your opponents, so
  • I'm pretty much just giving the ball away, in dangerous areas, with no possible means of stopping it.

It all seems a trifle unfair. Has anyone else experienced this? The pessimist in me is wondering if there's a bug in the game causing players to not bother returning the ball. The optimist in me would think that I'm just playing some cheating goits, and I'd dearly love to be able to have a good whinge at the culprits.

One way or another though, something's missing.

(I won 4-2 in the end, their goal made it 1-0, so at least my players responded. :) )

I've seen this several times after patching to version 10.2.

My player puts the ball out so the injured player can get medical attention, but the other team will not return the ball. I think it must be a bug, because I did not see this before the patch.

Archived