My game stopped working coz of a virus?

If its a virus, it will be on your computer and not in the game. If you unistall it, the virus will still be there and will continue to do its thing.

Are you absolutely sure its a virus that has caused the problem?

Has the game just stopped working suddenly?

Has it had problems since installation?

Do you have anything updated?

I would imagine its a problem that isnt a virus. Ofcourse its possible.

If it is a virus, then you have to reformat your pc or find a solution to the virus.

I dont believe crash dumps are caused by a virus, at least Ive never heard of it before. Have you run a virus scan on your system to make sure its a virus??

If a virus did cause issues in the game then you should uninstall it all and re-install. Somewhere there is a post on how to do a manual unistall. I say this because many times I have gone thru an un-install process only to find files still on the drive.

I dont know if I helped any, just have never seen a crash dump caused by a virus before

Afte re-reading your, post I figure you already scanned and found it was a virus, sorry about that.

Try to find the post about manually uninstalling FM. Once you get every file deleted, and then re-installed, it usually works.

Good luck

LOL, a crash dump is not a virus.

If you've deleted something from the FM game and the game now no longer works then you are going to have to wipe everything Sports Interactive off your computer and reinstall it.

I had an issue when i uninstalled the game originally, it only removed install anywhere and it wouldnt play with me anymore.

As said in previous posts, a crash dump is not a virus. Unfortunately, FM can sometimes crash, for any number of reasons, and will generate this message. Even more unfortunately, it seems like you've experienced it while the game was saving and it has corrupted your save file, hence the game will crash every time you attempt to load that save.

Have you enabled multiple file rolling autosave? If so, then you should be OK to load up one of the other autosaved files for your game and continue that way. It's likely that you'll have lost a few days/weeks of game time that you'll need to replay, but at least you can continue.

Otherwise, you'll be forced to start another game. Hopefully it'll run smoothly and you'll never have another crash dump, but it's always worth enabling rolling autosaves, just to be on the safe side.

As an aside, if your AV software is finding viruses, it really should be also removing, or at least quarantining them. If not, you should check it's settings and correct it. Of course, it could maybe detecting something in your crack folder... I really hope that it doesn't contain any illegal files for FM. That kind of thing is not looked upon lightly here.

Archived