New Imacs

Hello,

Has anyone had FM2010 working on the new IMACs - the ones released for Xmas with the 16:9 screens?

I bought one for my kids this Xmas along with FM2010 but can't get it to run the game at all.

First of all before applying any of the patches the game wouldn't launch at all. I merely got a:

Football Manager 2010v10.0.0 f80362 quit unexpectedly

I tried to update the game with the fix. However, after applying the v2 patch all I get now is:

Failed to find a default database to use. Please make sure your installation is not corrupt.

I then get it to the launch screen but when I try to start a new game it gives me a:

Did not find any available databases to use to start a new game. Please ensure your installation is not corrupted.

Has anyone got any ideas? I wonder if this has been tested on new IMACS? It works on the last generation as I have it working on my machine. I've tried to copy & paste the database over from the old IMAC but no go!

Cheers,

Nick

• SI Staff

I'd suggest trying a totally clean re install and re patch to 10.2 making sure the 'Sports Interactive' folders are deleted in the following locations before doing so:

User > Library > Caches

User > Library > Preferences

User > Library > Logs

Let me know how you get on :)

• SI Staff

Can you check the following location to make sure the install has been completed properly:

User > Applications > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > Data > db > 1000

Check to see if there are a range of folders and .dat files there

Tried that & exactly the same problem. Has anyone actually had this working on a new IMAC?

I've just got the new iMac, it works just fine for me. At first, it said the game shut down without any reason, so I uninstalled it then installed it and it runs fine now.

How do I get the new patch to work on it? I don't know where to put the file as it is the first time I've had a mac.

Archived