Just got FM2010..is it too easy? :-s

Please not this is not a boasting or deliberately antagonising thread, I just have a query.

I've played FM since CM2, but my love for it kind of faded with FM 09 (more due to personal circumstance really, as i couldn't play it as much as i liked). Anyway, I received FM10 for Xmas and I love it so far.

I usually have a trial game, just to get used to new features etc, so I selected Liverpool. I sold a few of their dross players but still only had money for some cheap (but decent) signings, like Kalou on loan and Jorge Andrade on a free. I've played 11 games in the league..and won 10 of them, keeping clean sheets in those 10 games too. I'm cruising in the CL and through to the next round of the League Cup.

I just wanted to know if others found the game easy? I have every faith that I will submit to some hideous mid season loss of form, and I know Liverpool is far from being a challenge on the game and that if I really want to test myself I should be a struggling lower divison with no cash, but in my past FM experiences, even when I manage the big guns I tended to struggle. The new tactics creator is awesome and I do feel more in control, but I hope it isn't at the cost of the game becoming too simplistic.

As I say, I'm sure I'll be posting on here again in a week complaining of super keepers and the like after I lose yet again (:-p) but I expected Liverpool to be (although not too tough) more of a struggle than it is at the mo?

I must admit, I have found it slightly easier than previous versions, and I think (for me anyway) its down to the tactics creator. I now "get" the tactical side of things, and i find it much easier to get the teams i manage to play the way i want them to play. I find it easier to work out where things are going wrong, and I'm much happier creating my own tactics than I was before.

Liverpool is far from being easy, with the financial strain on the club, it can quickly turn into a terrible mess if you're not careful, although it does seem to be rather (too) easy to offload players, especially the deadwood.

trying managing in the conf north, bloody liverpool and you say it's too easy.

give me strength.

I've taken a small club from the bottom to the top and the greatest challenge for me was at the top end, trying to win the PL title. I found the lower leagues pretty easy.

I've taken a small club from the bottom to the top and the greatest challenge for me was at the top end, trying to win the PL title. I found the lower leagues pretty easy.

Just out of curiosity, which small club was it? Great job on doing that, by the way

well ive managed to take a BSS team to the premiership in 10 season. with some fluke back to back promotions it has to be said. but then again i managed the same feat with the same team in 09 so..... i dunno really. relegated in my first season in the prem. romped the cola league, bac in the prem and now im 7th after bout 15 games. was sitting 3rd for a while but 3 losses has made me slip a bit. suppose i can only really say when this season finishes. but im projecting that my team do well after making some big signings in the summer. hopefully mid table, possibly europa league

tooting and mitcham. love that name :)

trying managing in the conf north, bloody liverpool and you say it's too easy.

give me strength.

Sigh. As I stressed in my original post, I'm aware Liverpool isn't the greatest challenge, but at the risk of repeating myself I'll say it again: I'm not the most skilled FM player (sadly!) and often found managing even top end Premier League teams end up in me getting the boot. This time however, it's plain sailing, which I'm not complaining about, (The Backroom Advice thing is great too, especially when you can let your assistant pick the tactics for Opposition Instructions- if you've got a good one like Liverpool have it saves a lot of time!) but i'm just not sure as to whether the game is easier. Maybe I do need a lower league challenge to find out if this is really true but I'm only going on what I've played so far and as I'm doing so well have no intention of quitting this game at the moment!

Archived