I Didn't know Fergie was still managing in 2018

isnt added time a minimum?

:thup:

Ref is generally advised to add time for injuries, substitutions. timewasting, celebrations etc. I think I'm right in saying they are told to add 30 seconds for each such incident unless the time consumed by them is obviously different.

isnt added time a minimum?

This

****ing too right it is!

This

:thup:

Ref is generally advised to add time for injuries, substitutions. timewasting, celebrations etc. I think I'm right in saying they are told to add 30 seconds for each such incident unless the time consumed by them is obviously different.

And this!

Can i just point out that the Newcastle game had a minimum of 3 minutes added yeaterday, only it ended up more like 5 for reasons that Hershie said. It think the OP is whining because he got equalised against in this time. I question if this thread would even be here if it was a 3rd goal for Man City at 90+6 minutes?

Can i just point out that the Newcastle game had a minimum of 3 minutes added yeaterday, only it ended up more like 5 for reasons that Hershie said. It think the OP is whining because he got equalised against in this time. I question if this thread would even be here if it was a 3rd goal for Man City at 90+6 minutes?

I don't think he's whining, he was just confused. I can see what he means, but the added time is a minimum, time wasting is taken into account I think, well, at least in my amateur league in Australia :p

Until the last Manchester derby I have never heard of a ref adding on time for celebrations in my life.

Also when a ref adds 30 seconds for a sub this can be used tactically for the team who needs a goal as the the actual substitution may only take 10 seconds which give the team who is losing or drawing an extra 20 seconds to get a goal.

Until the last Manchester derby I have never heard of a ref adding on time for celebrations in my life.

Also when a ref adds 30 seconds for a sub this can be used tactically for the team who needs a goal as the the actual substitution may only take 10 seconds which give the team who is losing or drawing an extra 20 seconds to get a goal.

They always have. And since when has a substitution only taken 10 seconds? Certainly not in the last few minutes when a team is killing time.

I'm not whining, I just thought it was interesting. I don't really take the game that serious to get annoyed by things such as this. And I would have still made the thread if it was the other way around

Every League One game I go to (Colchester United supporter), injury time is nearly always at least 4 minutes long at the end of the game, and often ends up more. I guess the games are more 'scrappy' perhaps and refereeing isn't of the same quality, but still, it's not at all unheard of! Also, as the guy a few posts above said its a minimum, not a maximum.

Archived