Sol Campbell

Both free transfers who previously played for fierce rivals of their new clubs?

Judas was not just a free transfer, he said 'I'd never go to Ar5ena1' and 2 weeks later he was running down the High Road to join the french! Spurs would never re sign Judas, ever. Completely unrealistic and is not in the slightest similar to Owens situation.

On topic Judas signed for Newcastle in mine. They're welcome to Mr Loyalty.

Judas was not just a free transfer, he said 'I'd never go to Ar5ena1' and 2 weeks later he was running down the High Road to join the french! Spurs would never re sign Judas, ever. Completely unrealistic and is not in the slightest similar to Owens situation.

On topic Judas signed for Newcastle in mine. They're welcome to Mr Loyalty.

No, what im saying is fast forward to now. Campbell and Owen were/are free transfers. Owen signed for Man Utd, fierce rivals of the team he is a legend at. Right now, Campbell is free, he can sign for anyone. It would be just the same as Owen going to Man Utd if Campbell was to go to Spurs. Fair enough, IRL, Spurs wouldn't have him back but does the game reflect this? Or does the game just reflect that he is a free transfer who used to play for Spurs and Arsenal.

It wouldn't be the same at all. Judas has to be on Spurs 'hated' personnel list, if not its just plain wrong. 'Arry talked about bringing him back along with getting Patrick Viera in, the fact that some of the fans would have accepted Viera but none would have Judas says it all.

Its a shame that Spurs fans will never appreciate why Campbell left, he sought to play at the highest level and obviously Arsenal were a good choice. If Viera joined Tottenham, Arsenal fans wouldnt like it but we wouldnt have a 8 nearly 9 year hatred for him, IMO of course.

If Viera had joined us from Inter it would be a very different situation to Judas. He was our captain, he said he would never go to Ar5ena1, he said he loved Spurs, he went on a free! I would have accepted him going anywhere else, but to say all that and walk out and go to the french is inexcusable. He has hardly been loyal to anyone since has he though just to prove a point? Upon leaving that lot he said 'I want to play abroad' - I know he's thick but surely even he realises that Portsmouth isn't abroad ( and this after walking out on you lot at half time in a game). Class isn't he? Deserves all the stick he gets.

If Viera had joined us from Inter it would be a very different situation to Judas. He was our captain, he said he would never go to Ar5ena1, he said he loved Spurs, he went on a free! I would have accepted him going anywhere else, but to say all that and walk out and go to the french is inexcusable. He has hardly been loyal to anyone since has he though just to prove a point? Upon leaving that lot he said 'I want to play abroad' - I know he's thick but surely even he realises that Portsmouth isn't abroad ( and this after walking out on you lot at half time in a game). Class isn't he? Deserves all the stick he gets.

Viera said he wouldnt join you lot either, and he was our captain so its nearly as bad. He was loyal to us but saw that he was going to become a reserve by the season he left

Yes but he'd been at Juve and Inter in between. Imagine that Fabregas contract runs out at the end of this season and he says 'I'd never go to Spurs, I love it here' and then does one on a free to us? You'd all go mental and would hate him forever.

Yes but he'd been at Juve and Inter in between. Imagine that Fabregas contract runs out at the end of this season and he says 'I'd never go to Spurs, I love it here' and then does one on a free to us? You'd all go mental and would hate him forever.

I can see the point your trying to make but I feel Campbell was furthering his career by joining us, however Fabregas clearly wouldnt by joing Spurs, thats where the hatred would stem. Barcelona could be argued as A European rival to us after beating us in the CL however Henry enjoyed very little animosity when he joined them. And when not if Cesc joins them im sure we all be greatful for what he has done for the club.

We all realise that Judas was going to a club challenging for silverware, but thats not the point, the point is who he went to, after saying that he wouldn't!? I would have been happy for him to go to any other club, just not that one. Anyway we've hijacked this thread enough and its clear we need to agree to disagree. :)

We all realise that Judas was going to a club challenging for silverware, but thats not the point, the point is who he went to, after saying that he wouldn't!? I would have been happy for him to go to any other club, just not that one. Anyway we've hijacked this thread enough and its clear we need to agree to disagree. :)

Final point Henry said he wouldnt leave us then left a month later :D but yeah okay :thup:

I'm pretty sure Harry Redknapp said he would sign Sol if he was at any other club, but he couldn't for Spurs as the fans wouldn't have him. I also think it's debatable that he'd want to go back after the abuse he got last year (led to a few arrests) I don't necessarily know if he should have Spurs as a disliked club, but I'm pretty sure he should be on their disliked personnel. Although he was furthering his career he did do the dirty on Spurs, as he wasn't just their best player and captain - he was a favourite with the fans.

I don't think it's particularly similar to the Owen situation as he was good at Liverpool, as his last really effective season for Liverpool was 6 years ago. If he would of started his career at Man U then ended up at Liverpool before Real and Newcastle and returned I think it would have been a different matter.

No, what im saying is fast forward to now. Campbell and Owen were/are free transfers. Owen signed for Man Utd, fierce rivals of the team he is a legend at. Right now, Campbell is free, he can sign for anyone. It would be just the same as Owen going to Man Utd if Campbell was to go to Spurs. Fair enough, IRL, Spurs wouldn't have him back but does the game reflect this? Or does the game just reflect that he is a free transfer who used to play for Spurs and Arsenal.

Campbell and Owen are completely different.

Owen went to their rivals, Campbell would be going back to a club he abandoned for their rivals.

Thats a huge difference.

Spurs fans wouldnt want him back out of principal, Man Utd fans wouldnt care if he played for Liverpool (as Arsenal didnt care Campbell played for Spurs).

Judas was a product of our youth and was worth a lot at the time. He once said "im a spurs fan". now IMO as a Spurs FAN YOU DO NOT GO GOONER FOR ANY REASON. He could have gone Anywhere in the world except one club AS A SPURS FAN. And to let his contract run down so we wouldnt get a penny was a real b*T2h move.

On an FM note it would depend on his favoured clubs and Spurs fav Players/Rival players.

i try to sign sol in each of my games purely because he is a great back up for clubs with no money eg sheff wed last game, this game he has joined fc kobenhavn and in my first fm10 he joind.....notts country, wierd that, on one of them ye went to southampton......go figure

if spurs ever signed him back i would stop supporting, it'd be unforgivable and there isn't one plausible scenario where i can imagine it being acceptable to be affiliated with him again.

what he did is nothing like owen, nothing like figo even tbh. we're talking about hand rearing someone who claimed to be a spurs fan from his child hood into being club captain, fan favourite, england international and one of the best centre backs in the world - had offers from barcelona, man utd, and several other of the world's biggest clubs but instead choosing the only 1 club that would've turned every single fan sour in the instant they found out.

leaving us is forgiveable, i can get past that no problem - he had to match his ambitions. but leaving us, on a free, to arsenal of all clubs is unthinkable tbh. he could've gone anywhere. this is without talking about the months and months of constantly assuring he won't leave, etc tc loves spurs hates gooners haha

thing about this is i'm not even remotely 'angry' about it, i've no emotion bar cold ignorance, spurs and him should forever be completely separate and that's fine. i wonder if all the successes he's had at arsenal has been worth it.

1st, He went to Nottingham Forrest on my save.

2nd, I am a Spurs fan

3rd, As much as I hate everything about what he did to us. He did, not nor does not deserve the abuse he is getting.

4th, Reading all these posts got me thinking about back when he left. I was only 13 at the time so didnt really think to deeply about it. Anyone think he was "tapped up"? Of course it would have existed back then, but was it as commenly known then? or contemplated he could have been?

Sol and Owen's situation is very very different.

Its more like if Owen went crap and left Man Utd would Liverpool take him back? F**k NO!!! The s**tknob doesn't deserve a place at Anfield. Sol would never ever play for Spurs again its a given.

Imagine Torres signed for Real Madrid and not Liverpool... Jesus... I shudder at the thought of it!

1st, He went to Nottingham Forrest on my save.

2nd, I am a Spurs fan

3rd, As much as I hate everything about what he did to us. He did, not nor does not deserve the abuse he is getting.

4th, Reading all these posts got me thinking about back when he left. I was only 13 at the time so didnt really think to deeply about it. Anyone think he was "tapped up"? Of course it would have existed back then, but was it as commenly known then? or contemplated he could have been?

Tapping up has always happened, and always will. The only thing that is different now is the penalties if you get caught. Whilst watching the Liverpool v Arsenal match a few weeks back, Ian St John was a guest presenter for Sky and freely admitted he was effectively tapped up by Shankly to go to Liverpool.

Tapping up has always happened, and always will. The only thing that is different now is the penalties if you get caught. Whilst watching the Liverpool v Arsenal match a few weeks back, Ian St John was a guest presenter for Sky and freely admitted he was effectively tapped up by Shankly to go to Liverpool.

Thats what I was saying, I know it was around then (I remember seeing that on the pre-match build up now). I was simply asking if it would have been thought of back then that he could have been tapped up. I mean back then would it have been a common thought to people that tapping up happens or not. If not do people now think that he could have been given the way he left the club.

Archived