[FM10] A Hometown Making History

Tullem

Version: 10.2 (With Uncle Ron's England levels 7 and 8 update.)

Leagues loaded: England to Level 8, Spain to Liga Adelante.

Right i've decided after reading many of these threads in the past that i want to create a successful career like theirs, and after discovering uncle ron's update my target has been to take my hometown of Horsham to the Premier League. I will update only after every season with squads, transfers, league tables and finances, along with anything else from other leagues that interests me :D, thanks for reading :).

Career Summary

Season  |  League              |  Position       |  Other Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10 |  Ryman Premier       |  5th            |  Lost in Playoff Semi-Final
2010/11 |  Ryman Premier       |  1st (Promoted) |                     
2011/12 |  Blue Square South   |  1st (Promoted) |
2012/13 |  Blue Square Premier |  6th (when game was deleted)

Horsham F.C

Season 1 - 2009/2010 RYMAN PREMIER LEAGUE

We made some crucial loan signings in the preseason period, 3 from chelsea and two influential players from QPR and reading, and a lot of free transfers too. We also set up an Affiliation with Brighton which i hope to make the most of in the future.Our pre-season results were all very positive, good wins against much bigger sides, a 3-0 beating of Wrexham our best result. Then came the first league game, a convincing 3-0 win over Sutton Utd, which paved the way for a brilliant season to come. One of our best results in the first half of the season was a 4-1 win over, then top of the table, Canvey Island. It was a win which took us up to 1st, in their place, until carshalton completed their 3 games in hand. At the halfway point in the season (21 games in) we sat 2nd, just one point behind Carshalton.

The second half of our season fell apart slightly, im not sure why, we held on to the last playoff position for weeks before losing it to Boreham Wood. We managed to regain our playoff position with 7 games to go after a 2-1 win over Boreham Wood themselves. Which is where we stayed until the end of the season, 5th place, playoffs to come..

Final League Table: 5th Place - Playoffs.

We were to play Canvey Island in the playoff semi while the other semi was Ashford vs Carshalton. We knew we could beat Canvey Island, the 4-1 victory earlier in the league proved as much. It was a nervy game, you could sense it in our players, and when one of our stars from the season Ben Andrews got sent off in the second half i feared we might concede, but we held on, and almost stole it at the end of normal time. But the match went into extra time, where the teams were leveled due to a second yellow card for Canvey's Terry Parker. And so it went to penalties.

Canvey Island 6 - 5 Horsham We were unlucky, the game could have gone either way in the end, but there will always be next season to be promoted from the Ryman Prem.

Cup Performances:

FA Cup: lost in 3rd Qualifying round to Dover

FA Carlsberg Trophy: Lost in 3rd Qualifying round to Kendal

Isthmian League Cup: Lost in 2nd round to AFC Hornchurch

Our Ideal Squad

Transfers - The loan Signings were excellent, specifically Mitrovic and Vasilev.

Finances -In the Red, will need an investment and new chairman to succeed in future, but i hope after promotion we may get one.

My Player of the Season - Ben Andrews had a cracking season, hopefully he will be more integral in our squad next time round.

Other Competitions

Premier League

Winners: Chelsea

ECC: Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal

EL: Everton, Tottenham AND QUALIFIED VIA FA CUP FINAL APPEARANCE - Scunthorpe

Relegated: Portsmouth, Birmingham, Wigan

Championship

Winners: Newcastle

Promoted: Bristol City, West Brom

Relegated: Plymouth, Peterborough, Swansea

League 1

Winners: Millwall

Promoted: Leeds, Norwich

Relegated: Leyton Orient, Exeter, Tranmere, Yeovil

League 2

Winners: Rotherham

Promoted: Crewe, Chesterfield, Notts Co.

Relegated: Dag & Red, Darlington

Blue Square Premier

Winners: Luton

Promoted: Stevenage

Relegated: Grays, Chester, Hayes & Yeading, Tamworth

Blue Square South

Winners: Chelmsford

Promoted: Bromley

Relegated: Basingstoke, Maidenhead, Dorchester

Ryman Premier

Winners: Sutton Utd

Promoted: Canvey Island

Relegated: Maidstone, Hendon, Waltham Abbey, Aveley

Promoted to Ryman Premier: Lowestoft, Northwood, Met Police, Ramsgate

Cup Winners

FA Cup: Man Utd

Carling Cup: Man City

Community Shield: Chelsea

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Oldham

FA Carlsberg Trophy: Luton

Isthmian League Cup: Sutton Utd.

Champions League: Inter

Europa League: Arsenal

Super Cup: Shakhtar

Club World Cup: Barcelona

Next Season's Aims

Get Promoted.

2010 World Cup

England did well in their group, beat Germany 2-0 in the opening game, 2-0 v S.Korea and 3-1 v Ecuador, meaning England were to progress as winners of the group, to the knockout stages.

Where they met Ireland, who they beat on penalties. Next for England was Paraguay, who had previously caused a shock when pipping France to the last qualifying spot in their group, after Russia came top. A 2-0 win over them led England to a Semi Final against Argentina, who beat Brazil in their Quarter Final. Again, England won 2-0. So the World Cup Final with Italy was waiting.. a 88th minute goal by Mario Balotelli dashed England's dreams, and meant Italy won the 2010 World Cup. The Golden Boot for the tournament went to Sergio Aguero who scored 9 for Argentina.

Edit: and to add insult to injury for England, the 2018 World Cup has been decided to be held in Mexico.

Season 2 - 2010/2011 RYMAN PREMIER LEAGUE

Pre-season wasnt as good this year, We got absolutely thrashed 9-0 by Brighton, and drew many games we could have won. However, those results dont matter, and i focused much of my time getting good players who only require low wages, due to my financial situation. We managed to get Mitrovic to come to Horsham from Chelsea again, and he brought his team mate Phillip Prosenik another striker who is worth £300k. Horsham are now on Mitrovic's favourite club list, he described the loan deal as a dream move, if only i could have anywhere near enough to buy him properly, perhaps in a few years..

Anyway the first game of the season came, a disappointing 1-0 loss to Hemel Hempstead. But we soon put that behind us with a 3-1 victory over Carshalton.

Bizarrely i've discovered that this extension file to allow me to play with teams in levels 7 and 8 has a glitch, that teams from the ryman prem, zamaretto league, and unibond prem get swapped occasionally, for instance im now playing King's Lynn, who were in the Unibond Prem last season. However this shouldn't matter too much once im promoted ;)

At the halfway stage this year i was sitting in 9th, not as good as last season clearly, when we were 2nd at the halfway point, but we were only 1point off the playoffs with 2 games in hand, so things still looked promising. 4 games later we sat top of the table, and on an unbeaten run of 12 games, which was cruely ended in bizarre fashion in a 4-1 loss to 21st placed Northwood. And the game after we lost 4-1 again, this time to 17th placed Cambridge C. It was a very bizarre turn of bad form, but we still sat 3rd in the table 1 point behind table toppers Tooting & Mitcham. We got better though, and with 10 games to go we were sitting comfortably in the playoffs in 3rd place. And with 4 games to go it wasn't just playoffs we were looking at, we were 2nd, level on points with Tooting & Mitcham at the top. 2 games to go, and i was top! 3 points ahead too, but i had to keep the form going, as Tooting & Mitcham's goal difference is significantly better than mine, one loss out of the two games left and i could through it all away..

A very late goal in the penultimate game of the season kept us 3 points ahead going in to the final matchday, anything but a loss would do it for us. Harrow were our opponents, while Tooting & M. had a trickier tie against 3rd placed Carshalton, which we hope would improve our chances of finishing top.. it was a nervy match, we went 1 down after 8minutes and my hopes of straight promotion looked dashed, until.. Phillip Prosenik, the superb 18 year old Austrian slotted home a cross in the 76th minute, and we held on to secure a drew which gave us promotion to the Blue Square South!

Cup Performances:

FA Cup: lost in 3rd Qualifying round to Hampton & Richmond

FA Carlsberg Trophy: Lost in 3rd Qualifying round to Dorchester

Isthmian League Cup: Lost in 2nd round to Hendon

Final League Table: 1st Place

Other Highlights of my season include me winning Manager of the Month once and Manager of the Season, and me signing a new 4 year deal with Horsham, as it was running out in the summer.

Other Competitions

Premier League

Winners (+ECC): Tottenham

ECC: Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd

EL: Everton, Liverpool, Aston Villa

Relegated: West Brom, Hull, Fulham

Championship

Winners: Portsmouth

Promoted: Ipswich, Birmingham

Relegated: Norwich, Sheff Wed, Crystal Palace

League 1

Winners: Plymouth

Promoted: Charlton, Rotherham

Relegated: Gillingham, Chesterfield, Swindon, Wycombe

League 2

Winners: Burton

Promoted: Luton, Lincoln, Port Vale

Relegated: Hereford, Bury

Blue Square Premier

Winners: Mansfield

Promoted: Dag & Red

Relegated: Barrow, Gateshead, Eastbourne Boro, Altrincham

Blue Square South

Winners: Bath

Promoted: Farnborough

Relegated: Sutton Utd, Canvey Island, Thurrock

Ryman Premier

Winners: Horsham

Promoted: Carshalton

Relegated: Billericay, Wealdstone, Asford(Middx), AFC Hornchurch

Cup Winners

FA Cup: Chelsea

Carling Cup: Liverpool

Community Shield: Man Utd

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Southampton

FA Carlsberg Trophy: Cambridge

Isthmian League Cup: Enfield Town

Champions League: Real Madrid

Europa League: Sporting CP

Super Cup: Arsenal

Club World Cup: Inter

Next Season's Aims

Survive BSS

We've Now gone Professional, and the chairman has been very generous with £775k to spend next year as well as £18k/w for wages :thup:

We've been put at 5-1 at going up as well! with a few signings i've brought in already i think we could well be in it.

Bizarrely i've discovered that this extension file to allow me to play with teams in levels 7 and 8 has a glitch, that teams from the ryman prem, zamaretto league, and unibond prem get swapped occasionally, for instance im now playing King's Lynn, who were in the Unibond Prem last season. However this shouldn't matter too much once im promoted ;)

Hi make sure that you are using the latest version of my file (10.02.07.14) with the 10.2 database as this corrects some issues experienced with regional sorting since the recent patch.

Technically a King's Lynn team could play in all three regional divisions and they have played (until their recent demise) in both the Northern Premier and Southern Premier in recent years.

I doubt you would get that much to spend tbh. You are doing very well though, good luck on the promotion.

Yeah i was suprised too, but chairman invested extra money after promotion and set the transfer budget to £775k, don't know, or really care, where he got it though lol. But thanks, exams coming up so probably wont update or play as regularly, bare with me though i'll get to the prem eventually ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Season 3 - 2011/2012 BLUE SQUARE SOUTH

Got a fair few good signings, especially some loan stars from liverpool, and got a good preseason win over Glen's lads, followed by a 2-1 win over AFC Wimbledon.

First game of the season, a 3-0 loss to Woking, not a good start to the season... BUT a cracking second game, we beat Braintree 8-1! With Nikola Saric scoring a hattrick on his home debut. I can see this season going well if my two strikers are fit, they got injured for two weeks and we lost 3 games all 1-0. Now Nikola Saric and Sofianne Hanni are back again and we are securing great results against big sides, Saric cant stop scoring!. And on top of that David Livermore is on fire since his free from Brighton. We got a few more quality signings, bringing in Nathan Porritt from Blackpool for £130k and Jake Taylor on a loan from Reading, and they contributed to giving us some fantastic results, including a 4-0 win over Hampton & Richmond, who, at the time, were top of the table! Hanni continued his rich form scoring lots and sending us up to 2nd! The prediction of a possible second straight promotion looked very likely to come true. At the half stage mark, 21 games into the season, we sat top, 5 points ahead of second place Hampton & RIchmond with a game in hand. Hanni got a bad injury so i got in the impressive regen Cameron Aitkin who can fill in while Sofianne is out. He did well, scored 4 in his first 5 games, and 27 games in we were sitting pretty 6 points ahead of Grays. Our run of form continued, and the loan signing of Celestino Merida from Man Utd scored a screamer in our win over Havent & W. We had a run of bad injuries in the closing stages of the league schedule, and had to make an emergency loan for 20 year old central midfielder Gauthier Mahoto from Portsmouth. But we sat with a healthy 13 point gap at the top of the table, which, despite some poor result that followed, kept us top of the league until the end of the season :) We got promotion to the Blue Square Premier :)

Final League Table - 1st Place

Top Five Players:

Sofianne Hanni - Absolute star! He had such a great season coming in on loan from Liverpool that at the end of the season i bought him for £85k. Scored 25 in 25 appearances, but the screenshot is after i bought him so doesnt show his form in the season.

David Livermore - A free transfer from Brighton, he added experience to our side and our midfield benefitted hugely, also scored a few screamers!

Phil Smith - A star stopper, he made a lot of our wins due to keeping out the opposition, and saved a huge number of penalties.

Nikola Saric - Again a loanee from Liverpool, scored 17 goals before being injured at the end of the season and going back to Liverpool.

Jason O'Hare and Mark Malone - My two irish regens, had to include both, they have strengthed my defence no end.

Incidently, the fans player of the year was Mark Malone.

Transfers

Other news from the season, i claimed manager of the year, Sofianne Hanni got top goalscorer, Nikola Saric got player of the year, and the board announced it will upgrade the youth facilities, which is good as they are currently dire. At the end of the season Bournemouth offered me the managers job, but obviously, i turned them down. A FEW days later; Premier league Stoke City offered me a job, with £17M to spend, but i'd much rather stay with the £250k available at Horsham ;)

Cup Performances:

FA Cup: Lost in 4th Qualifying Round vs Crawley

FA Carlsberg Trophy: Lost in 1st Round vs Fleetwood

Other Competitions

Premier League

Winners (+ECC): Chelsea

ECC: Tottenham, Man Utd, Man City

EL: Everton, Liverpool, Aston Villa

Relegated: Wolves, Portsmouth, West Ham

Championship

Winners: West Brom

Promoted: Q.P.R, Hull

Relegated: Cardiff, Scunthorpe, Plymouth

League 1

Winners: Huddersfield

Promoted: Brighton, Southampton

Relegated: Burton, Stockport, Brentford, Lincoln

League 2

Winners: Yeovil

Promoted: Chesterfield, Torquay, Shrewsbury

Relegated: Morecambe, Wycombe

Blue Square Premier

Winners: Oxford

Promoted: Bury

Relegated: Chelmsford, Kettering, Southport, Gainsborough

Blue Square South

Winners: Horsham

Promoted: Bishop's Stortford

Relegated: Staines, Weston-super-Mare, Carshalton

Cup Winners

FA Cup: Chelsea

Carling Cup: Chelsea

Community Shield: Chelsea

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Port Vale

FA Carlsberg Trophy: Cambridge

Champions League: Real Madrid

Europa League: Palermo

Super Cup: Real Madrid

Club World Cup: Real Madrid

European Championship 2012

Winner: France

Runners-up: Italy

Semi Finalists: Switzerland, Germany.

England, didnt make it through their group, with Holland and Germany finishing above them. Other shocks saw Portugal and Spain not qualify from their groups.

Next Season's Aims

Get a respectable position in our first season in the blue square prem :) Although the promotion odds were at a fairly good 14-1 for us to get a third successive promotion..

Season 4 - 2012/2013 BLUE SQUARE PREMIER

We had a nice pre-season, whipped Glen's boys again, 5-0 this year. Got in a few good signings, brought Nikola Saric in on loan a second season in a row, and got a promising young regen striker Rory Edwards. And a lot of the players i had bought in the past have started to show glimpses of brilliance in pre-season, Peter Winn being one, a striker i bought off Scunthorpe in 2011 for £20k is coming through well, but Sofianne Hanni will clearly be my top striker this season. First game of the Blue Square Premier season, and we beat Hereford 4-1, this result really showed me how the side has progressed since i took over, as Hereford are a very good side, and we really outplayed them today. Sofiane Hanni scored all four goals in that game, i can see big things from him this season! Im amazed, 3 games in, and Sofiane Hanni has scored all but one of our goals (7)! our other two games ended 1-1 and 3-0 against crawley, this season is very promising. And on the 4th game the fate that i had tempted struck me down, injuring Hanni for 2 months with an ankle strain :(.

23 games in we were 3 points from playoffs which is very promising, and then we were hit by a strange bug in the carlsberg trophy cup. :(

• 4 weeks later...

The bug mentioned before made me disillusioned at the game, Horsham will take ages to get to the premier league, so i am jumping ship here and my save has been deleted.

I may well in the future (in the summer perhaps) try this out again, but a continuation would bore me, so a fresh start is possible.

In the meantime i'm starting a new career from unemployed, which you will be able to find if you search my posts.

This thread can be closed now, Many thanks to all who followed :)

Archived