scouts judging potential

my scouts judge the potential of players at 3 stars no more - whats the point of having the other 2 stars. also i used the genie scout to check my team out when i had 10.1. and my scouts were some players are not woth keeping at the club when i know they have a potential of 170 or above ? not slagging the game off just want to know if there is reasons for this - i know scouts cant determine how far a player will go but surely i should have some sort of indication they have a really high potential ?? just dont feel i can rely on them they all have high jud pot, is there anything else i can look out for as i dont want to use genie scout at all.

What are the ratings of your scouts? Using programs such as Genie Scout are fine, but if your scouts have a low Judging Potential, then you won't get the best indication ingame. Also, it depends on the level of your club. If you're a top club, then only the best will be rated highest.

I think the scouting stars are relative to the players you currently have and the league you are in, so for example if you currently already have top class strikers in the PL, you are unlikely to see any scout ratings for strikers of more than 3 stars.

Archived