No notice of dismissal?

No I'm taking about after a game finding out you've been fired and having no "the [club] board have decided to terminate your contract blah blah" email. It just continues on as it would normally except I cannot manage the club any longer. Its annoying to find out this way.

This has happened every time I've played. And have had no warning on a few times I've been fired across different games

No I'm taking about after a game finding out you've been fired and having no "the [club] board have decided to terminate your contract blah blah" email. It just continues on as it would normally except I cannot manage the club any longer. Its annoying to find out this way.

This has happened every time I've played. And have had no warning on a few times I've been fired across different games

You do get messages saying your contract has been terminated. You also get clues that its about to happen as well. Read the news that comes into your in box carefully and you'll notice messages saying something along the lines of 'the board of x finally appear to be loosing patience with y'. When you get messages like this then it means unless things change dramatically for the good then your days as manager are numbered.

You do get messages saying your contract has been terminated. You also get clues that its about to happen as well. Read the news that comes into your in box carefully and you'll notice messages saying something along the lines of 'the board of x finally appear to be loosing patience with y'. When you get messages like this then it means unless things change dramatically for the good then your days as manager are numbered.

I get the warnings on most games, some haven't. But I've never got 'your contract has been terminated' EVER.

hmmmmm :(

I get the warnings on most games, some haven't. But I've never got 'your contract has been terminated' EVER.

hmmmmm :(

When I get the sack from my current game as Man city boss then I will post a screenshot of the message I get. Before you ask I definitely will get the sack because I'm not playing seriously and wanted to see what happens to them and how quickly they get back into the premiership with all their money. Currently 20th in the league with just 3 points from 23 games. Have sold all their stars for unrealistic and rediculously cheap fees and currently playing a 0-5-5 formation so the sack is inevitable.

but you can through your game check the board status, incl. their opinion of you and how your doing.

if your status is below secure midway, expect the sack, without an email. ;)

If you get sacked so much anyway, you want to review what you are doing in every game thats the same, before you start another.........

Havent had much time to play fm over the last few days due to various things but here is a link to a screenshot I got of me getting the sack. I've blanked out my real name so that what the black line is.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb79/mg010a3406/sacked.jpg

I seriously doubt it's your real name, Mr. Last Name.

I do believe you called yourself First Name Last Name :D

If so, :thup:

Havent had much time to play fm over the last few days due to various things but here is a link to a screenshot I got of me getting the sack. I've blanked out my real name so that what the black line is.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb79/mg010a3406/sacked.jpg

I love that you went through the effort of blanking out the name in one part when it appears in 3 other parts of the screenshot :)

I seriously doubt it's your real name, Mr. Last Name.

I do believe you called yourself First Name Last Name :D

If so, :thup:

That right I called myself First Name Last Name. I actually took control of Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal with the intention of getting all (if possible) relegated! I was only playing seriously as Liverpool and managed to get Arsenal and Man City relegated. Man U and Chelsea finished something like 9 & 14 but cant remember exactly as i've now deleted the game i was playing.

I love that you went through the effort of blanking out the name in one part when it appears in 3 other parts of the screenshot :)

Yeah I forgot to do that and only noticed when I uploaded the pic :rolleyes:

That is a news item telling of your sacking though, not an actual email to you telling you that your contract has been terminated.

I'm with the OP here, whenever I have been sacked on any version of FM (not that many times thankfully) the first I've heard about it is when the title bar changes colour!

Having said that, I think the last time I was sacked was on FM08 so I can't say for sure about 09 or 10.

That is a news item telling of your sacking though, not an actual email to you telling you that your contract has been terminated.

I'm with the OP here, whenever I have been sacked on any version of FM (not that many times thankfully) the first I've heard about it is when the title bar changes colour!

Having said that, I think the last time I was sacked was on FM08 so I can't say for sure about 09 or 10.

Not being funny, but that is a picture of his inbox... and that swhat I consider to be my email

Not being funny, but that is a picture of his inbox... and that swhat I consider to be my email

Yes news goes in your inbox.

OK I get your point but it is still written in the form of a news article telling of the sacking, rather than a message to the manager informing him of his sacking.

Archived