Squad Numbers Max 25?

But why does this not occur in 1st season. Its like buying a 30million supestar whos 20 yrs old and not giving him a squad number. i was told there is a way to rid this rule in the editor?

It is to mirror real life PL rules, the squad registration rule starts next season.

Maybe it is worth asking in the editors forum, I've no idea if it is possible or not.

So does this mean young players have no squad number?

Not unless you want to give them one of your 25 registered spots, no, they just appear with an unused shirt number.

Perhaps the 25 man squad registration and the shirt numbers should be separated?

It's just the shirt numbers thats the problem, not the registration.

I'm very sure that next year players who are under the age of 21 and therefore not registered will still retain shirt numbers.

It needs to be coded the same as Champions League registrations, where squad numbers aren't involved.

i had a problem with this once tho, i signed a player on a work permit on the last day of the window, i couldn't complete the deal before the 25 man registration had to be finalised and had to wait till january to add him!!!

Perhaps the 25 man squad registration and the shirt numbers should be separated?

Yes it should be, like how it is done for registering players for European competition.

It's good that SI are so up to date in implimenting rule changes, but they really could/should have worked this a bit better.

So basically, we're copying La Liga? I don't really see anything wrong with our current system... I wouldn't wanna be the person telling Anelka he's gotta give up the 39 - or Alex with the 33!

Well that's not going to happen to real life. Teams are going to be allowed to issue more than 25 numbers.

Agreed - player registration and shirt number assignment should be separate. How do the Anelkas and Tevezs of the world keep their preferred numbers?

Is this only for PL and La Liga? I'm playing in Spain for the first time and saw this rule.

Well that's not going to happen to real life. Teams are going to be allowed to issue more than 25 numbers.

Oh ok, then I don't really see how this will make much changes - although I do love when I have a huge squad and I've got to give all my players the right shirt numbers, or one's of significance - for eg. I had about 90 players including youth and reserves. So I gave my promising English striker the 66 shirt, my promising french striker the 98 and so on.

• 1 month later...
Not unless you want to give them one of your 25 registered spots, no, they just appear with an unused shirt number.

I've just been promoted in season two with Ipswich and this registration business gave me a nasty turn.

There is no mention anywhere about this "under 21" rule. How are people suppsed to know that they don't have to waste registration places on U21s if it doesn't say so in the "registration" section of the league rules?

I've just been promoted in season two with Ipswich and this registration business gave me a nasty turn.

There is no mention anywhere about this "under 21" rule. How are people suppsed to know that they don't have to waste registration places on U21s if it doesn't say so in the "registration" section of the league rules?

I believe it states this when you are at the final registration screen.

It should say it at the bottom of your squad page, it states that you need 8 players trained in england and players under the age of 21 don't need to be registered. It's usually minimised but just go to your squad screen and click near the bottom where it says something like registration rules.

i think the first time you see it its hard to handle but after a season or two you get use to it and stuff. the thing i hate is clubs dont have much reserve players the have about 4 players each.

It's the reason the squads in Spain are so small.

I got quite a shock when I first managed in Spain. If you have an injury crisis with a normal sized squad (normal for Spain) you're pretty much screwed.

i have lots of young players and i have to keep loaning them out some of them should be in the first team.i use to like the old way the game us to be with the spanish team. i think its better.

i have lots of young players and i have to keep loaning them out some of them should be in the first team.i use to like the old way the game us to be with the spanish team. i think its better.

If they're young players though, they don't need to be registered.

The trap lies in having an old squad...

If they're young players though, they don't need to be registered.

The trap lies in having an old squad...

yeh i kno but if you have very good players about 26 or 28 there playing fantastic you dont want to keep scrolling down to find your players lol.so the young playershave to stay in the u19

I'm very sure that next year players who are under the age of 21 and therefore not registered will still retain shirt numbers.

It needs to be coded the same as Champions League registrations, where squad numbers aren't involved.

I agree. Pity it cant be rectified until FM2011.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have have anything above 25 players thats way too much. Your core squad should be 19/20 and a few youth players you might use in like pointless or not so important matches. I tend to have 17-20 and the rest is all youth that don't have to be registered anyway. In addition most of my players are all quality youth so I have actually trouble meeting the minimum number of registered players (15 or 16) so I tend to have to give numbers to U21 players.

I agree. Pity it cant be rectified until FM2011.

Actually it depends on the club. Many French clubs don't even have names on the shirts. In the dressing room they just throw you a jersey with a number and thats that. The national team does as well. Argentina too (thats probably because Maradona has used literally about 100 players during qualification).

If you have have anything above 25 players thats way too much. Your core squad should be 19/20 and a few youth players you might use in like pointless or not so important matches. I tend to have 17-20 and the rest is all youth that don't have to be registered anyway. In addition most of my players are all quality youth so I have actually trouble meeting the minimum number of registered players (15 or 16) so I tend to have to give numbers to U21 players.

That's just a matter of opinion. Some people like big squads.

Archived