Early quick patch 10.2.1

What do you want to be fixed?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to be fixed?

• Obvious freezes in tactic screen and waiting too much while corners touchs goal kick etc. in match
    • Superkeepers
    • Chance of seeing,opening and using AI default tactics (like older fm series)
    • No need to fix anything,game is almost perfect

:) There are no super keepers. :)

Paul C already said he is working on a problem with the match engine in regards to defences being split down the centre (and centre only) via through balls far too easily. This results in a lot of centralised one on one chances that the keeper is saving, resulting in high average ratings for the keepers and unrealistic amounts of shots saved.

I do not get any freezes or crashes of any type.

The game is actually in a very very strong state at the moment and the match engine is light years ahead of any manager game ever created to date (of course excluding graphics which also in my mind is also not as bad as people say.)

:) There are no super keepers. :)

Paul C already said he is working on a problem with the match engine in regards to defences being split down the centre (and centre only) via through balls far too easily. This results in a lot of centralised one on one chances that the keeper is saving, resulting in high average ratings for the keepers and unrealistic amounts of shots saved.

I do not get any freezes or crashes of any type.

The game is actually in a very very strong state at the moment and the match engine is light years ahead of any manager game ever created to date (of course excluding graphics which also in my mind is also not as bad as people say.)

Yeah, what he said in a nutshell really. :p

superkeeper is the name of the situation. if you still don't understand that , I cant do much about it :)

if keepers acting normal ; how can save "more" than "normal" or why strikers not try to round or lob the keepers?

you cant resolve this problem by minimizing the CCC numbers created ; there is no point keeping the same accuracy on shots at this point. but whether ppl dont wanna understand the problem , or just not admit it..

and also ; a SS from another topic : http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/vspompy.jpg

explains much imo

superkeeper is the name of the situation. if you still don't understand that , I cant do much about it :)

if keepers acting normal ; how can save "more" than "normal" or why strikers not try to round or lob the keepers?

and also ; a SS from another topic : http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/vspompy.jpg

explains much imo

obviousy right,if 10.2 is perfect why my world class striker miss average of 4 one on one's per match?

Those superkeepers are for "defending center" bug.A bug for patching another bug.

I don't see why people don't just stop whinging about this "superkeeper bug." It really is getting annoying and rather pathetic, it's been explained to you, they are only half chances and have a 1 in 5 ratio of getting scored. I don't why people can't understand this, or just won't admit it.

I don't see why people don't just stop whinging about this "superkeeper bug." It really is getting annoying and rather pathetic, it's been explained to you, they are only half chances and have a 1 in 5 ratio of getting scored. I don't why people can't understand this, or just won't admit it.

What's going to be even worse for these guys is that the fix for this problem (stopping the DCs getting split) won't result in their strikers scoring more. They just won't be creating the chance in the first place. If people are creating one dimensional tactics that only result in one type of chance then they're always going to struggle to score.

The player fitness thing was fixed by the last patch. In 10.1 it was not realistic to have your whole first team on 100% after playing 2 days earlier. Over-strenuous training could be the problem there.

I find the freezes on the tactics screen a bit annoying, but I haven't come across super keepers. Injuries and fitness are also fine as they are (players don't play IRL 95-100% fit all the time, and often play with minor injuries, in FM though people see that as a bug).

Regens can be improved, I've seen possibly too many centre backs with low jumping and a lot of players with very poor off the ball and positioning attributes. Generally yes young players aren't excellent with their off the ball or positioning, but there should be more young players that are good in one or both of those areas.

Well I probably don't play as much as alot of you guys but definately I feel there are too many shots in general in the game at the moment. Most games I have over 20 shots at goal but only score 1 or 2. Definately if you are having over 20 shots a game and only scoring 1 or 2 you'd assume it'd have to be a super keeper. IRL you rarely see games with over 20 shots at goal so I think maybe this should be toned down just a tad...

voted for "No need to fix anything,game is almost perfect"

Obvious freezes in tactic screen and waiting too much while corners touchs goal kick etc. in match

-It doesnt hurt,i only wait for 2 seconds so....

Superkeepers

-Never really cared about that,saw so many superkeepers irl.no reason to cry

Chance of seeing,opening and using AI default tactics

-Ah cheating you say.NO

Fitness was never as you describe it in 10.1. When I had a game 3 days after the previous one, my whole midfield would be on 93 or 94%, defenders and strikers 95-96%. It was fine as it was, stamina actually mattered before, now it seems all players drop at an extremely fast rate during matches, no matter what their stamina is.

What's going to be even worse for these guys is that the fix for this problem (stopping the DCs getting split) won't result in their strikers scoring more. They just won't be creating the chance in the first place. If people are creating one dimensional tactics that only result in one type of chance then they're always going to struggle to score.

The player fitness thing was fixed by the last patch. In 10.1 it was not realistic to have your whole first team on 100% after playing 2 days earlier. Over-strenuous training could be the problem there.

voted for "No need to fix anything,game is almost perfect"

Obvious freezes in tactic screen and waiting too much while corners touchs goal kick etc. in match

-It doesnt hurt,i only wait for 2 seconds so....

Superkeepers

-Never really cared about that,saw so many superkeepers irl.no reason to cry

Chance of seeing,opening and using AI default tactics

-Ah cheating you say.NO

how do you think Chance of seeing,opening and using AI default tactics as a cheat?

You like AI tactics which you think they are clearly better than yours and instead of trying your own methods,you copy/paste the AI tactics and started playing better instantly.For me every help from outside is cheating but thats just me

Or, alternatively you could spend your hard earned time actually learning the game or being constructive rather than polling stupid opinions. There will be a patch 3 after the transfer window closes to sort out any niggling problems. If SI had any sense of humour at all they would change the skin of the keeper to wearing a cape and mask as well - then there would truly be super keepers rather than fictional ones.

Or, alternatively you could spend your hard earned time actually learning the game or being constructive rather than polling stupid opinions. There will be a patch 3 after the transfer window closes to sort out any niggling problems. If SI had any sense of humour at all they would change the skin of the keeper to wearing a cape and mask as well - then there would truly be super keepers rather than fictional ones.

watch your language and try to be constructive.

I think it's close to perfect, but I'd tweak the following:

- maybe only in 2D mode, but... players being able to bunch-up too close together... sometimes 6 or 7 circles are sharing the same airspace... I don't believe they're playing "pile-on-top" or making a 1-person-wide human pyramid. This may be a cause or symptom of too much closing down being allowed, preventing shots from strikers and long shots from attacking midfielders.

- regen attribute balancing. "Where did all the good jumpers go?" and other stories.

- magnetic ball syndrome. Ball arrives in the box and seems to "snap to" the keeper's arms from a couple of feet away when it really should still be out of reach. (May be only in 2D mode).

- jerky motion in 2D mode. The movement was fine in 10.1 but for some reason now it seems like the frame rate has dropped to about 4 or 5 frames per second in 10.2. Is this a consequence of curing the "7 and 23 minutes pause" problem i.e. distributed processing instead of bulk?

Archived