Strong team in weak European league

There's Celtic.

I'm thinking maybe Kobenhavn (Denmark) since they have some good players.

I second Celtic, they start off in a stronger financial position than Rangers. You could also try one of the big 3 in Portugal, but finishing 3rd is a real possibility.

Are Rosenborg still all powerful in Norway?

Zurich or Basel in Switzerland. :p

Chelsea is a big team in a weak league I would try. You can expect to beat a lot of crappy sides like Wolves, Stoke, Arsenal, Astonvilla, Westham, Man City, Birmingham, Tottenham, Fulham, Sunderland, Blackburn, Burnley, Everton, Wigan, Bolton, Hull, Portsmouth and especially Liverpool.

You would however have to fight it out with Man United year in year out, but when their Genee Scout using manager Alex Ferguson retires, you will no longer have to worry about this team either.

:p:D

Pick a random Eastern European league... they're almost all like this. I had some good fun in Serbia and the Czech Rep. Other than that Romania has some potential with fairly good teams and six qualifying spots for Europe and you'll have quite a challenge to make a good continental impression.

Pick a random Eastern European league... they're almost all like this. I had some good fun in Serbia and the Czech Rep. Other than that Romania has some potential with fairly good teams and six qualifying spots for Europe and you'll have quite a challenge to make a good continental impression.

Yes, CFR Cluj, Steaua are two main teams so to speak but you can find easily 4-6 teams in Romania with which you can win the league and with time challenge for Europe (lot's and lot's of time)

Zurich or Basel in Switzerland. :p

Chelsea is a big team in a weak league I would try. You can expect to beat a lot of crappy sides like Wolves, Stoke, Arsenal, Astonvilla, Westham, Man City, Birmingham, Tottenham, Fulham, Sunderland, Blackburn, Burnley, Everton, Wigan, Bolton, Hull, Portsmouth and especially Liverpool.

You would however have to fight it out with Man United year in year out, but when their Genee Scout using manager Alex Ferguson retires, you will no longer have to worry about this team either.

:p:D

I'll assume you're a supporter of scum. :p West Ham are surprisingly good in FM 2010.

Ajax Amsterdam!!! State of the art stadium,rich in history..and seriously they have no competition.

And it will be fun beating the hell out of Steve McClaren.

I beg to differ, even though Ajax is my team. Twente and PSV can give Ajax a good run for their money, the Dutch Eredivisie certainly isn't a one horse race.

The OP evidently still needs to pick Ajax though. :D

Shakhtar would be good. Competing against them at the moment and their budget enables them to get players that I'd never be able to get even though I've been bettering them for a while. Plus Ukraine has a shorter season (30 games and only one cup), no problems with ACN due to long winter break, and is high enough that as a top team you can get a pretty good standard of player, though many will want to move elsewhere after a while.

I beg to differ, even though Ajax is my team. Twente and PSV can give Ajax a good run for their money, the Dutch Eredivisie certainly isn't a one horse race.

The OP evidently still needs to pick Ajax though. :D

Ajax is my `foreign team` i seen them live several times,been on a tour of the stadium etc etc.I have yet to be Ajax on FM2010 as i am my `English` team Liverpool.

How about Galatasaray S.K?

Maybe not at the start of the game but you can quickly turn it into a one horse race with any of the big 3 (Ajax, PSV, Feijenoord in case anyone doesn't know!)

I've done it with Ajax and PSV and I'm certain it could be done with Feijenoord too.

Archived