not playing agin till keeper situation is sorted

if u mean the so called supergk bug, then not me. i was almost sure about supergk bug until i actually noticed that i've won sporting cp 1:0 on aggregate even despite them having 20 shots in first game and 22 in the second one, 15 of them were clear cut chances.. the difference is that you just don't notice when your goalie is showing signs of being a supergk :D or just take it for granted.. ''yeah my gk made 20 saves, that's normal, because he's so good''

if u mean the so called supergk bug, then not me. i was almost sure about supergk bug until i actually noticed that i've won sporting cp 1:0 on aggregate even despite them having 20 shots in first game and 22 in the second one, 15 of them were clear cut chances.. the difference is that you just don't notice when your goalie is showing signs of being a supergk :D or just take it for granted.. ''yeah my gk made 20 saves, that's normal, because he's so good''

i know what your saying but even the rubbish ones have started mark bunn richard wright etc frustrating and killing the enjoyment of the game im not playing it until its sorted

Without being rude, we dont care if your never going to play the game until the keeper bug is sorted. Why could you have not posted in the threads about the keeper situation? No you rather make your own to get some sort of little attention. I'm sorry, but i dont see this super keeper bug anywhere in my game and most people havent either.

Ever considered the keeper is good? Oh god a keeper cannot possibly be good can he?

How about your strikers are not good? Oh no, all strikers are fantastic and score from every chance they get offered.

Finally,

Its your tactics :D

I'm not playing anymore this year....... i am so angry about superkeepers with there abilities to make saves that i am taking a holiday and will not be returning until the weekend. Keepers who seem to make saves that even superman would struggle to make are gradually ruining my enjoyment of winning every match and every competition i enter and making a mockery of my tactics and my unquestionable amazing ability as a football manager. I never make any mistakes and my strikers should never miss any 1 on 1's and the cherry on the cake is when i am playing against a so-called crap team and the goalkeeper has a miraculous day and manages to keep my whole team at bay. Not that Brad Friedel or Jussi Jaskilaenin (Bolton Keeper mispelt) never manage to save there performance of a lifetime against the big 4 irl. Not that Shay Given never manages to make saves that for a guy his size should not be possible. But as i said, this has got to the point where i am in serious need of a holiday.

Adios :)

I'm not playing anymore this year....... i am so angry about superkeepers with there abilities to make saves that i am taking a holiday and will not be returning until the weekend. Keepers who seem to make saves that even superman would struggle to make are gradually ruining my enjoyment of winning every match and every competition i enter and making a mockery of my tactics and my unquestionable amazing ability as a football manager. I never make any mistakes and my strikers should never miss any 1 on 1's and the cherry on the cake is when i am playing against a so-called crap team and the goalkeeper has a miraculous day and manages to keep my whole team at bay. Not that Brad Friedel or Jussi Jaskilaenin (Bolton Keeper mispelt) never manage to save there performance of a lifetime against the big 4 irl. Not that Shay Given never manages to make saves that for a guy his size should not be possible. But as i said, this has got to the point where i am in serious need of a holiday.

Adios :)

Reading this post it seems as though the guy wants that magic WIN button PaulC talked about in another thread.

Come on , this happens in all games like in FPS where you have kill the end level boss and suddenly your character dies , or In aRPGS where you have devastated the opposition and one of the monsters sitting 4 levels ahead shoots you dead, or in racing games where you finish first and you are ranked 3rd ....just bad lack .

Either that or you could accept the simple fact that the problem is a statistical one. The chances missed are ones that should never have been created. How many one-v-one chances do you think you should get in a match?

1?

2?

Or 10?

If scoring 1 in 5, which off the top of my head is my approximate ratio, then I reckon it's about right. If you scored 1 in 2 one-v-ones then you'd be winning every game 7-4, which is ridiculous.

There are too many chances created. Fact.

The overall number of goals scored is about right. Fact.

There is an issue in the match engine that needs sorting. Fact.

You should be able to score, just not at a lower ratio of goals to CCCs. Another fact.

If you are not scoring any goals at all with world class strikers, then it's your tactics. Everybody's favourite fact.

For me, it's a slight annoyance that I would like to see fixed. But if it stops you playing or makes you insanely angry, then you need to calm down and take a step back, accept the fact that the problem is one of chances created not chances converted, and you'll start to enjoy the game again.

Either that or you could accept the simple fact that the problem is a statistical one. The chances missed are ones that should never have been created. How many one-v-one chances do you think you should get in a match?

1?

2?

Or 10?

If scoring 1 in 5, which off the top of my head is my approximate ratio, then I reckon it's about right. If you scored 1 in 2 one-v-ones then you'd be winning every game 7-4, which is ridiculous.

You should be able to score, just not at a lower ratio of goals to CCCs. Another fact.

If you are not scoring any goals at all with world class strikers, then it's your tactics. Everybody's favourite fact.

For me, it's a slight annoyance that I would like to see fixed. But if it stops you playing or makes you insanely angry, then you need to calm down and take a step back, accept the fact that the problem is one of chances created not chances converted, and you'll start to enjoy the game again.

your ability to look at things in a good light is admirable.

but allow me to show you the problem.

the superkeeper thing is like someone urinating on my head and telling me it is raining. i complain that i am getting wet. you come along and tell me to relax. its not really rain, its urine. see the problem? SOMEONE IS STILL P***ING ON MY HEAD!

OP says superkeeper is a bug. as we have all been told, superkeeper isnt because of overly good keepers, its because a certain chance is being triggered too often. the cause is irrelavent (for us, not the programmers), the bug is still there

now being perfectly honest, i think a big part of fm is the highs and lows of the match day highlights. if a large number of those highlights are because of this certain bug, then we are viewing a whole lot more highlights that end negatively with the superkeeper coming to the rescue.

im sure you can understand the frustration of creating multiple chances only to have them contiually stopped. its like you are playing rugby and you keep falling for dummy passes. it doesnt make you feel good

1?

2?

Or 10?

what a load of ********. so because the ME is crap villa and aguero should miss one on one chances right and left? just becuase in real life it is 1-0 it means no matter how many perfect chances i create my team should finish 1-0?

some people were complaining about strikers scoring too much in 10.1, so instead of improving the ME, SI decide to make supermans and spidermans.

Man, this keeper bug is really getting out of hand I just played a match agaist Everton with Wolves; I got 8 CCC's (all one on ones saved by Tim Howard) and only scored 2 goals from corners. Everton got 2 CCC's and scored 3 goals. Kinda says it all really.

Here is a screenshot:

damnyoume.jpg

BTW Uitgelezen kansen is Dutch for CCC's

Can somebody explain the bug to be please?

In a nutshell the bug is basically a bunch of people who think that strikers should score every opportunity given to them like they do on fifa and goalkeepers should never save anything ever.

In game terms there are too many 1 on 1s being created thanks to defenders being out of position which goalkeepers save. People don't like this because they can't win like they do in fifa. Hence superkeeper "bug"

There is no bug - why can't you get it through your heads? It happens, get over it.

Agree with you here buddy.

As I keep saying to everyone, If my Portsmouth team is lying in 7th place, with Tommy Smith and John Utaka scoring alot of their one on one chances coming from a wider angle, instead of straight down the middle and the keeper saving it. FWIW quite a few central one on ones go in as well, where are these super keepers now?

Adjust your tactics, stop moaning, I worked a good 2 hours settings up and adjusting my tactic to get it right for 10.2 :thup: Do some actual tactical work and stop expecting things on a plate.

the superkeeper thing is like someone urinating on my head and telling me it is raining. i complain that i am getting wet. you come along and tell me to relax. its not really rain, its urine. see the problem? SOMEONE IS STILL P***ING ON MY HEAD!

im sure you can understand the frustration of creating multiple chances only to have them contiually stopped. its like you are playing rugby and you keep falling for dummy passes. it doesnt make you feel good

Your urine analagy is ridiculous (a sentence I never thought I'd write). But you are correct, I can understand the frustration. I even EXPERIENCE the frustration. I'm not a moron, nor blind, nor unable to experience such emotions.

But the ME is flawed in that there are chances being created that should not get created. It is THESE chances, and THESE chances only that are hit straight at the keeper. It's simply a combination of ST being in possession of the ball in a position that he should not be in + pressure + keeper's position when close to the centre. Strikers should not be in that situation so it's clearly coded that they shouldn't score.

It's frustrating, I know, and I am not in any way denying there is an issue that needs solving.

But the idea of "superkeepers" is so stupid that it's laughable. KEEPERS ONLY MAKE "SUPER" SAVES FROM ONE PARTICULAR TYPE OF SHOT. Does that make sense? Why is that so hard to understand? Apologies for the shouting but it's worth emphasising. ONE TYPE OF SHOT.

If the problem was "superkeepers" then my players would NEVER score. If goalkeepers had superhuman ability, my players wouldn't be able to curl a shot from the edge of the area, nor hammer in free-kicks at least once every 3 games, nor get put clean through at a sensible angle and bury the ball in the far corner.

In a final attempt to explain it, let me try this one: if you took out all the "super-saved" one-v-ones hit at a narrow or head-on angle, would the problem still exist?

The answer is absolutely not.

For proper, angled one-v-ones my strikers convert at LEAST one in two, and I've even had a few head-on situations where they've rounded the keeper to score.

The end result for most of my games is realistic and acceptable. I remain sane by simply ignoring the head-on misses. The issue will most likely be sorted for 10.3, so in the meantime give it a go. Create different chances, ignore the flaw for now, and enjoy the game. Fingers crossed for 10.3

Im sure an SI moderator has said before that there is a bug

and that the bug is that there are too many chances being created

which means that for the game to counter this bug it tones down the amount of chances being converted so that the low conversion percentage cancels out the high amount chances created.

I understand the frustration of the Op, as i find my self annoyed at this game aswell

Tip - Try backroom advice. They told me to play narrower and suddenly i started banging in goals for fun.

Its funny how silly stuff like adjusting width can make your strikers start deciding to use their finishing ability, even though i had no trouble with creating the chances!.

P.S Why are people still saying their is no bug / its your tactics

1.SI have admitted there is a bug

2.Im sure there is no adjustment on the tactics screen which tells your strikers to stop shooting straight at the GK

The other thing to note is that the "bug" works both ways. The same type of chance, which is being created because of a defensive positioning issue, is created by both teams, and not scored by both teams.

The Wolves - Everton game posted above is frustrating, yes, but not unrealistic. They still had a decent number of chances for an away team, and were more clinical. It's nothing personal. The game doesn't decide to screw you over because you are human.

How many post-match interviews do you find where the losing manager doesn't have a gripe with something that happened in the game - whether it is his players not putting away chances, whether it's the opposition playing dirty, or the referee being poor - it happens the majority of the time. It is truly rare, that after defeat, a manager just accepts it. Similar things seem to happen on the forums here. By all accounts, point the finger at whoever you need to, but when you next play, just have a look through the game and see if there was something you could've learnt from the match.

Clear Cut Chances. A phrase made by Football Commentators.

Saved Shots. A phrase made by adequate Goalkeepers.

Several Missed Shots. A phrase made by sh1t3 strikers.

Pay attention. Football is a game that cannot be won all of the time.

OP and others, maybe your strikers are having bad games, the game is made to do things like make your top striker **** one game, even if its a game he should be scoring 5 in.......

Get a grip man, I am this very minute watching MOTD and theres a good amount of CCC's getting missed, have to remember that missing one can be something like slicing the ball which means it's much easier for the keeper to collect or just getting it all wrong or the keeper doing his job and saving it why is it so hard to get your head round the fact this happens. As i wrote this Chelsea missed two CCC's and Fulham missed one .

Archived