Cannot Save Game - Please help!

Ok, so I've just updated from Windows XP to Windows 7, patched the game to 10.1.1 (was reluctant to go to 10.2) and when I start a new game, I cannot save it. A message comes up that simply saves "Game Cannot be Saved" with no explanation of why. After a few attempts I patched to 10.2 and yet I am still getting the same message. I have no idea what the problem is, the only thing I could think of is maybe I incorrectly downloaded the 10.1.1 patch for Stream users, and I have a boxed game so is that causing an issue? I've been working like a madman to get the PC ready with windows and the game prepared with graphics and skins and such (I just got it 4 days ago) and now I can't save a game, any help here would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Ok I uninstalled the game, re-installed and noticed that a message came up saying "The game was installed but there were some errors, consult the installation log," whatever that is. I tried doing the "custom installation" and got the same message. The disc does not appear to be damaged in anyway, I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Is this a problem I can fix or have I just gotten a bad copy of the game and should I send it back and purchase the downloadable game? Completely gutted, I'm from the US so sending it back and getting another one would take forever.

Thanks John, followed the instructions, I did still recieve the message bout errors during installation, but I did run a quick setup was able to save the game. However, now I can't get the game to load up. Apprepriate the help, hope you can maybe pull it out of the fire for me once more. Tired and heading to bed, its 1:30 here on the east coast and I might launch something across the room if I keep at it without some rest. Thanks again, hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

Archived