Finally figured out the transfer market

I know alot of people having trouble offloading their fringe / squad players for a acceptable fee because i was one, for example i never was able to offlad a squad player for even half their stated value price, now i figured out how to get the maximum.

When offering players to other clubs, dont accept a initial fee but put in a ridiculous / acceptable amount on the 24 monthly installment plan, and clubs that werent interesting in paying full initial amount will show up!

I've offload alot of squad players this way. e.g. taddei offered to clubs 30m/24 months, i couldnt offload him for even 15m if i wanted initial cash, mancini couldnt offload him for 20m for initial cash but 40m over 24months... worked wonders for me ;-)

Just my 2 cents

Originally posted by jimmy011087:

beast! Hossam Ghaly's Totenham Career might finally be over!

You know, I just purchased Ghaly on a free for my Cardiff side, is he not a good player for yourself?

I will try tonight but I have had a few players since the start of the game on long contracts that I dont want, and I just cant get rid of them.

I offer them for free and no one wants them.

I think more clubs should be interested once a player becomes transfer listed or on loan.

I have a top young player who I want to go out on loan and no one wants him.

Originally posted by Ryknow:

I have a top young player who I want to go out on loan and no one wants him.

I don't think the issue is that no one wants him, but that he is not interested in going to the the ones that would want him, thus they don't make an effort.

I.e. his CA might be at Championship level, but his reputation means he will only accept offers from clubs in the premier leauge, or something similar. It's slightly out of balance.

This is a problem in the game when trying to get rid of players or loan out youngsters. In my last game some of the youngsters in my squad would only go on loan to clubs that played at a level above their ability, and they rejected everything else. They ended up going to clubs where they did not play games and stagnated.

If you use an in-game editor and lower the reputation of the players, you can easily see that this is true cos suddenly lots of clubs will be interested.

No, Frazza Pee, that's not what I'm saying at all. You're looking at it from the opposite end, and when signing players things like loyalty plays a part, and I guess moving to a different country would also influence his decision.

What you're saying might be true, but I would guess club and league reputation plays a part, and if he has already agreed a pre-contract you have to wait until he's 18 even if you're managing Real Madrid and want to offer him £100k a week.

Say you're managing a club aiming for the top half in the premierleague. You have a highly rated youngster aged 18 who's spent all his time in your club, playing mainly for the reserves and U-18 team, but occasionally given a chance in the first team. For this player to take the step up quickly, you need him to play regular 1st team football.

Let say his current ability is somewhere around 110. This means he will most likely do very well in a League One side and get to play lots of games, thus he'll benefit highly from that deal. However, more often than not, he is not interested in playing at that level, and will only accept loan deals from clubs in the championship or above because his reputation is to high. He will even reject deals to go to your feeder club. This is not ideal because a player should be positive to deals that benefit his career and negative to deals that stagnates it.

If you list him for loan, very often no clubs will appear to be interested. This is not because no one wants him in their team, but because his reputation is too high compared to his current ability. So the clubs that would take him on don't make an effort to sign him cos he is not interested and the clubs that he wants to join might show an interest, but it's a poor deal cos he won't get in the team.

The same applies to players that have current ability somewhere in between being a squad player at one level and being a top player one level down. I.e. trying to sell someone like Marlon Harewood or Wayne Routledge at Villa is close to impossible because no one from the premier league wants them, and beacuse of their reputation they are not interested in joining a championship side. Thus offering to sell them for free will not get anyone to make a bid because they're no takers where the players want to play and they are not interested in joining a club they are actually suited for.

Club reputation might be a part of it, but as I said, lowering the players reputation will solve this, and that why I concluded that reputation compared to CA is some cases seems slightly out of balance.

Archived