Is Football Manager 2010 That Much Better Than 2009?

Okay...

Been out of Football manager as a whole for 8-months now.The last time i played 8-months ago was "Doing a Derby" with Bristol City on FM2009 after going up Via play-offs.Finished with 14Points and 2-wins all season. :| ...ANYWAYS...I've just wonderd..

Apart from the General Routine cosmetic Upgrades such as Prettier menus or Different Layouts.Just how much is it an impovement to FM2009 with Examples??

I mean in what way has the Playing experienced changed for the Better in your experiences of FM2010??

I mean are the differences Worth getting FM10 or just upgrade my 2009 game?

Thanks.

FM09 was the major match engine and game mechanic improvement of recent years and FM10 is the interface improvement to match what was done under the hood for FM09.

FM10 is not that much better than FM09 in mechanical terms, but FM09 and FM10 represent a development cycle that has produced a game so superior to all else in the genre it is not even funny.

That's a development schedule I can easily live with.

What are the key New Features in 010 that wernt there in 09???

You've got the backroom staff meetings, the tool that lets you see the passes, shots, etc, that each player made and where they made them from, if they were sucessful, etc, and improved ME and interaction.

If you haven't already, I recommend buying FM10. Keep 09 and you can bounce between them, with whatever takes your fancy. If you want to work harder on creating a new tactic with the Tactics Creator (another new feature) then try 10, but if you want a simpler game go for 09. :)

IMO FM10 is better than 09, couldn't get into 09, this years game is brilliant, I didn't it when it first came out, the first patch had terrible defending and too many long shot goals.

10.2 has got rid of those and made the game so much better, the new tactics creator is simple to use and used in conjuction with the touchline shouts you get your team playing the way you want them to, alot of people complaining don't like the fact that the game is harder than it was under 10.1 and there are less goals and the keepers are either a tad to good or the forwards are a tad bad at finishing one on ones.

But overall it is brilliant, a huge improvement on FM09, only 2 seasons into my new career savem, got the job at East Stirling and doing well, haven't enjoyed a career game so much since FM08.

1- The AI transfer system has been improved drastically. Many people don't even notice it because they are only interested in their team and don't care what the AI does, but thanks to this improvement now the AI controlled big teams can stay competitive and provide you some serious challange. This has never been present in any of the FM's before. Unless you play against your friends, it was never fun after a few seasons because it was so easy to dominate the game against the AI controlled teams. For the first time I'm enjoying a long term career game. This reason alone by itself is reason enough for me to prefer FM2010 to any other version.

2- 'Create a tactic' wizard. Perfect for people like me who hate to go through all the details of the tactic screen.

3- Further improved ME.

4- Player progression finally spot on. In previous FM's they never got it right. It was either players' attributes decreasing too fast after 30 so that every player was becoming useless at 32-33, or too slow so that the likes of Steven Gerrard were still dominating at the age of 38.

I'd say definitely buy FM2010.

Loving 2010 so far. Havent seen any bugs but it is only october in my first season. Something felt not quite right about FM 09 for me.

prefered 09's interface or what ever its called, what the screen looked like and how easy and quick it was to find stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Tactical Wizard

Customizable Retain Players option

Customizable Competitions

I think these 3 innovations are worth an upgrade, at least for a try. Or if you can get the game for cheap [legally, of course]

Archived