New PC or Laptop

Not made up I dont think!

Im an intel guy so I would say something from the i5 or i7 range, spend a decent lot on the motherboard so you can have 6-8 gigs of ram, I am glad I have it as I do a fair bit of intense stuff and I can run pretty much all of FM on my rig. I agree in getting a decent cooling setup, but I prefer liquid cooling, many good brands on the websites out there, also take the time to get a decent case, im also glad i did as it makes a lot of difference on the temps, but dont get one that makes too much noise unless you can get it off your desk and out of the way. Mines up on the desk with me so I have had to design it to be quiet and get it soundproofed!

me too its to easy to chuck the laptop when things are going wrong............lol......

I like the whole desk/mug of tea/books on shelf/big chair/notepad etc of my office space to game in..

Around my gaming rig I have a large desk and shelves and draws (all within easy reach) full of PC stuff: 2 monitors (both in use), my joystick, my gamepads, my mouse, my gaming mousemat, my gaming keyboard (g11), my PC fixkit (screws, bolts, cables, tools etc) my PC cleaning kit, spare parts, my old game CDs and DVDs (pre wonderful steam days) and the fact I can close the door to my office and keep the whole world out while I game!

I also love the power of my desktop, I love keeping it running cool and fast as well as the pleasure of maintaining and upgrading it.

With just a laptop you miss out on so much

Archived