Using Fabregas to Full Effect

Hey guys, I just wondered how everyone here uses fabregas? In all the past versions and in this one I've always had trouble getting him to play consistently well and its getting pretty frustrating. Right now I'm trying to use him as an advanced playmaker, but thats not really working out. I don't really see how any of the other positions would suit him though.

I have played him as a Central Midfielder - Attack, Central Midfielder - Support and Deep Lying Playmaker - Support.

Problem I have is that I have van der Vaart in the team too, playing as an Advanced Playmaker, and he is phenomenal, so I need Fabregas to do something different. He plays pretty well and puts in the odd world class performance as any of these roles.

I use him in a 3 man midfield, and have him swap with another MC. One position is set to deep-lying playmaker (more or less, as I don't use the wizard) and the other is set to making forward runs often and a little more attacking. That way, he gets both things done throughout a match, which he likes to do in real life. Stay deep and playmake, but also make Lampard/Gerrard-style runs now and then (like for his 2nd goal today against Villa). Worked well for me in FM09. Jury's still out on this for FM10 as I haven't played too many games but I reckon this variety gets the best out of him.

Box to Box midfielder with run from deep set as often,throught balls set as often and long shots set as sometimes. Also i set his creative freedom up high and let him roam from his position.

Plays world-class when playing in a 4-5-1 formation

Archived