Installing Cd on Mac?

Hi, I tried to search where this would be but can't find it.

I have a friend who cannot install the game with the CD on his Mac. I installed it via eSellerate, so I cannot help him with it (couldn't install it either but passed it to an external hard drive and it worked); he said he tried to copy the entire CD to an external hard drive and it didn't work either... I am trusting this guy has the legal copy, obviously. Any suggestions?

Hi, I tried to search where this would be but can't find it.

I have a friend who cannot install the game with the CD on his Mac. I installed it via eSellerate, so I cannot help him with it (couldn't install it either but passed it to an external hard drive and it worked); he said he tried to copy the entire CD to an external hard drive and it didn't work either... I am trusting this guy has the legal copy, obviously. Any suggestions?

What exactly didn't work?

You should make sure your friend has a dvd drive in his computer because the disk is a dvd. I might be wrong but I dont think you'd be able to copy the disk to an external drive because of copy protection issues which I am assuming the disk has since it has to be in the drive all the time you play unless your using steam or similar.

• SI Staff

I'd need a better idea of what problem he's having when trying to install really but it would be worth suggesting he downloads the latest version of Java and deletes any 'Sports Interactive' folders in the following locations before trying again:

User > Library > Caches

User > Library > Logs

User > Library > Preferences

Archived