Clubs buying too many goalkeepers?

Don't know if this is worthy of a new thread, but still, is this some sort of bug or just some odd unrealistic fluke?

Bayern Munich just signed Akinfeev, Cavalieri, Ochoa and Ben Foster in the same transfer window. Four 'big name' goalkeepers! Cavalieri cost them £11 million and he's 'backup'. Foster went for £4.1 million to be a backup and Man Utd haven't even bothered to sign a replacement despite the fact that Van Der Sar is 39 and his stats are decreasing rapidly.

I have 7 GKs. 3 of which are good enough for 1st team football.

Sergio Asenjo who is on the decline at the age of 34.

Vaderlei (22 year old Regen) who will take Asenjos place

Marcao (21 year old Regen) who is backup/hot prospect

Mikel Blanco (18 year old Regen) hot prospect

Giovanni Scarpa (19 year old Regen) hot prospect

Helmut Slomka (19 year old Regen) hot prospect

Augustin Hiriat (17 year old Regen) hot prospect

I have....

First team Petr Cech, TJ Nelson (My creation. A youth player coming through the ranks I created him on my database editor and named him after myself) and turnbull.

I also have heinneman 19

jan sebek 18

simone david 16

matej delzc 16

and a random kid i bought and forgot his name. But all of these 5 keepers i named are in my reserves/u18 sqaud.

I don't think that he is trying to point out the number of keepers, but the number of first team keepers, most of the people who point out the number that they have are also mentioning their hot prospect teenagers. But OP's keepers aren't all 16, they are in their prime and would all easily earn a start at most top division clubs.

Archived