[FM10] These boots are made for walking

MeLikeFM

student.jpg

Semi-Pro.

Unemployed.

I would like to think that I will experience both Loser and Legend in this game. Other than success, my other goal is learning many languages.

Bring it on.

Egypt ( premier league )

South Africa ( first division )

Japan ( nihon league 2 )

South Korea ( k-league )

England ( blue square prem )

Italy ( serie b )

Ireland ( first division )

Spain ( liga bbva )

Australia ( a -league )

Argentina ( premier division )

Brazil ( first division )

19 leagues 11 nations.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First job. 8-7-09. Cork City.

I would post backround info but does anyone read it ? I dont.

The team were 3rd in the Irish Premier Division whe I took over but finances werent great. One of my first actions was to sell star midfielder Joe Gamble for 500k. Good player but better money.

July

Derry (A) 2-1

Shamrock Rovers (H) 3-2

Drogheda (A) 3-0

Galway (A) 1-2

Sligo (H) 3-1

Good month which left me top of the league although not in reality as Bohs had 3 games in hand. Galway done me with a 4-1-4-1 and they deserved their win.

Good luck mate :thup:

What's the expectation level like at Cork City?

Also when does the Irish season run? If I remember rightly they are half way through by the time The British Leagues start. When playing in N.Ireland I always struggled against teams from the ROI in the all Ireland Cup because my players were not match fit and still playing the pre season friendlies, while the Irish teams were well into their season and firing on all cylinders.

Good luck mate :thup:

What's the expectation level like at Cork City?

Also when does the Irish season run? If I remember rightly they are half way through by the time The British Leagues start. When playing in N.Ireland I always struggled against teams from the ROI in the all Ireland Cup because my players were not match fit and still playing the pre season friendlies, while the Irish teams were well into their season and firing on all cylinders.

March - November.

Cork are a title challenger or continental places team.

AUGUST

Dundalk (A) 0-1

Wexford (H) 1-0 FAI CUP

Drogheda (H) 3-0

St Pats (A) 1-1 SETANTA CUP

Good month, I dont care about the Setanta Cup really. Would have liked to beaten Wexford by more with them being in the 1st but ah well.

SEPTEMBER

St Pats (H) 3-1

Galway (H) 1-0

Derry (H) 2-0

Kildare (H) 1-0 FAI CUP ( Q-F )

Bohs (H) 1-2

I enjoyed beating Galway but they played well again. In the cup semi with a win over another team from the division below. Losing to Bohs has hurt our title push and also showed how much of a better side they are, they really blew us away but I was still hurt by their last minute winner after us equalising in the 85th.

OCTOBER

Linfield (H) 2-1 SETANTA CUP

Bray (A) 2-1

Rovers (A) 1-1

Waterford (A) 1-1 FAI CUP ( S-F )

Bohs (A) 0-2

Waterford (H) 4-2 FAI CUP ( S-F REP )

Sligo (A) 1-0

Title challenge effectively ended with another defeat to Bohs but I was happy to qualify for the cup final even if I did need a replay against our 1st division opponents.

NOVEMBER

Pats (H) 2-1 SETANTA CUP

Drogheda (A) 3-2

Dundalk (H) 3-1

Derry (A) 1-1

Galway (N) 1-0 FAI CUP FINAL

Bohs won the league but second is great. Delighted with the cup win.

A couple of days after our cup win I resigned as Cork boss. Alot of players were leaving on Bosmans and I didnt feel the resources were there to improve the side so I went out a winner.

09LEAGUE.png

Cork City on a Sunday League reputation?!

You do know they hired Roddy ( affectionatly known as Shoddy ) Collins irl and their chairmen has just been banned from football for 12months.

I was surprised too but I wouldnt put it past Coughlan to hire any randomer if he applied, sure there is a team in Malta who think Collins is their manager and they didnt know anything about him getting the Cork job.

Basket Case. Best way of describing that club.

I left on the 29-11-09 and picked up a new job on the 28-12-09 but it was with Australian Institute of Sport a team

playing in the Australian Youth League against the youth teams of A-League sides.

I didnt want to be there but was thinking that this would be a good chance to win a league. I was only allowed sign U-21's. When doing my fixtures all my opponents are youth sides and not the real team.

JANUARY

Adelaide (H) 1-0

Melbourne (A) 0-2

Perth (A) 0-0

Newcastle (H) 0-0

Central Coast Marines (A) 1-0

I tried playing a wierd 3-4-3 Diamond. Mixed results.

FEBRUARY

Brisbane (A) 2-1

Sydney (H) 1-1

I resigned 29-6-10. Bit of a stupid team.

AUGUST

Rushden (H) 0-4

Wrexham (H) 2-2

York (A) 0-3

Oxford (A) 0-2

Newport (H) 0-0

Luton (A) 0-1

Terrible start with down the bottom, its gonna be a long season

SEPTEMBER

Cambridge (H) 0-4

Woking (A) 0-2

Accrington (H) 1-2

Wimbledon (A) 1-3

Kidderminster (H) 1-2

Barnet (A) 0-1

I just dont understand, I signed alot of players in the summer, all highly reccomended, now my ass man doesnt rate them. This is a nightmare.

OCTOBER

Eastbourne Boro (H) 1-4

Nortwich (A) 0-0

Grays (H) 0-2

Ebbsfleet (A) 0-2

Clevedon (A) 0-1 FA CUP 4TH RD QUAL

Tamworth (H) 2-0

No comment. Tamworth is our first win of the season.

NOVEMBER

Gateshead (A) 1-3

Crawley (H) 0-2

Hay & Yead (A) 0-2

Barrow (A) 0-3

Stevenage (H) 0-1

Tried a 4-6-0 after Gateshead but this is bad now, still 23th and am out of ideas. Will go back to the tactical drawing board now and attempt a simple solid 4-4-2 to hopefully keep us up.

DECEMBER

Kettering (A) 0-1

Soham (H) 0-1 FA TROPHY 1st ROUND

Wrexham (A) 2-5

Oxford (H) 0-1

Have gone back to the drawing board with a simple 4-4-2 this month. The FA Trophy defeat was a horrible embarrasment but I was happy with the fight we put up against Wrexham, who are a good side. Same against Oxford but I am beggining to feel that survival is beyond us now.

I like it. Personally I find it easier to read than say an update that has a description of every match and how it went. That is a little too much for me to read.

Of course this may have been your intention had you not lost every game :p

Personally, I tend not to read the reports and just the results so thats why I do it :D

Not laziness............................. :rolleyes:

JANUARY

York (H) 1-2

Rushden (A) 0-2

Newport (A) 0-1

Luton (H) 0-2

Cambridge (A) 0-4

Woking (H) 0-0

Defeat against Newport ends our hopes of survival realistically. At 1 nil down we get 3 men sent of in the 10 minute before h-t, obviously the floodgates opened. The draw against Woking at least stopped the losing streak but does'nt do alot for us.

I am the new Pakistan manager which is cool as one of my first signings for Dover is a Pakistani. He along with the other 2 that got sent off were fined 2 weeks wages, cue mass hysteria and protest accross the squad, feck off. Resignation time ?

Could well be! Always better to jump than be pushed imo. I've experienced both so I should know :rolleyes:. It took me 2/3rds of a year to get a job after the sack. 1/3rd after a resignation. You know what to do :cool:

To thank you for your support, I will take your advice :thup:

I accept Galway's offer and look forward to working with some of the quality players in their squad, they dont look great up front but anyway i'll be aiming for 4th and with a good start before I took over it is achievable.

APRIL

Dundalk (H) 5-0

Bray (H) 2-0

Pats (A) 1-5

Pats (A) 0-2 SETANTA CUP S-F 2ND LEG

Derry (H) 2-1

Bohs (H) 0-3

What a start as we destroy Dundalk but then Pats send us crashing back to reality, luckily we were 3-0 up from the 1st leg so are in the final :D.

MAY

Kerry (H) 3-0 LEAGUE CUP 2nd ROUND

Drogheda (A) 0-0

Cork (N) 0-0p SETANTA CUP FINAL

Cork (A) 0-0

St. Mary's 5-0 FAI CUP

Rovers (H) 3-1

Sligo (A) 2-1

Devastated to lose to Cork on penos, seeing as a couple of their scorers were signings that I had arranged, other than that though it was a good month

JUNE

Bray (A) 1-2

Dundalk (A) 2-2

Cork (H) 1-4

Pats (H) 1-1

Derry (A) 2-1

Limerick (A) 0-1 LEAGUE CUP Q-F

Bad month tbh, Limerick are a league below so that hurt and one win a month just is not good enough.

JULY

Bohs (A) 1-1

Drogheda (H) 1-1

Sligo (H) 1-0

Rovers (A) 0-1

Dundalk (H) 0-1

Not great again, lack of goals is annoying and I have had some trialists too but most have been *****.

AUGUST

Pats (A) 1-1

Bray (H) 2-1

Cork (A) 2-6

Monaghan (H) 1-2 FAI CUP 3rd ROUND

Went for it against Cork when we went behind and it got messy. Made a mistake in holidaying the Cup game.

SEPTEMBER

Drogheda (A) 0-4

Bohs (H) 1-1

Crusaders (A) 0-0 SETANTA CUP GROUP A

Rovers (H) 1-3

Dundalk (A) 3-1

OCTOBER

Portadown (H) 1-1 SETANTA CUP GROUP A

Sligo (A) 0-3

Pats (H) 4-4

Derry (H) 0-1

Bray (A) 0-3

Comeback from 1-4 down with Pats but mainly just more *****.

NOVEMBER

Cork (H) 2-0

Derry (A) 3-0

Good end but slightly meaningless as we finsh a disapointing 6th and I walk away again.

11LEAGUE.png

I became Ghana U20 manager on the 16-10-11 following my resignation from Pakistan on the 24-7-11 after I learned Urdu. I have yet to play an international match :)

APRIL

Hamamatsu Rafale (H) 1-0

Utsunomiya Valentia (H) 2-1

Ome Asteroids (A) 0-1

I took over mid month. I doubled the hooneymoon period I got with Galway but was hit by Ome and was very disapointed. Squad is ***** and have to play a DC up front. I have scouted most Japanese free agents and nothing there. We should stay up though with only one relagation spot and us up in 14th now. Wish me luck lads, you know I need it

Ok, one more update tonight.

MAY

Sapporo Mythos (H) 1-2

Mitaka Discovery (H) 3-0

FC Gifu (A) 1-1

Fukuoka Blaze (H) 3-3

Sendai Lumiere (H) 1-0

Lynx Matsuyama (A) 0-1

Higashiosaka Rosa (H) 1-0

Busy month for us and quite mixed. Were hovering below mid-table but not in relagation trouble. Finances are not a problem but i dont really want to spend money. The last manager bought too many foreigners when only 5 can be registered which meant I have had to sell alot of talented players.

JUNE

Niigata Unicorn (A) 0-0

Sakai FC (H) 0-2

Kataller (H) 1-0

Hakodate Raiders (A) 2-1

Kawasaki Plaisir (A) 1-1

Kitakyusyu Blanco (H) 2-0

Hamamatsu Rafale (A) 0-2

51 GAMES, 51 !!!!!!!!!!!. Bummer. My 17 man squad will be destroyed this league and fatigue is already setting in. It also means promotion could be on the cards if we put a run together, we can also go down if we collapse. Average month this but I like it here, I could have settled if it wasnt for 51 game league seasons, feck that.

Archived