scout assignments: u18,u19,u20 leagues

hope this is the right board for this type of question:

when i'm managing a big club i always get in a bunch of good scouts and try to build up a database of each playable nation's decent prospects. i've always been a fan of assigning scouts to watch the youth league (u18,19,20's) in the hope that they'll pick up a couple of good 'uns.

at the moment i'm with Celtic and have 13 scouts. i have three set to watch youth leagues (Spanish under 19s, English under 18s and Dutch under 19s), however when i go to allocate the remainder of my scouts youth leagues to monitor, it just won't give me that option: for example if i try to set an assignment for my idle Argentinian scout, it will only let him watch the 'Premier Division'.

i know these youth leagues are active, as i'm just now looking a match report for Banfield U20s vs Atletico Tucuman U20s (3-0 to the home side if you're wondering). there are also active reserve leagues.

is there something i'm missing here, or is this a limitation/bug with the game?

many thanks for any advice you can give

Does your board allow you to scout the youth league there? Celtic surely cannot have a lot of money?

Try checking your board room and see if they have placed any restrictions on where you can send your scouts. I don't know if it would limit you to only scouting the Premier Division in Argentina, but that is one option I can think of.

As far as I know there are no limits or restrictions other than this. I often sign enough scouts so that I can scout the youth league of every country that I have active. Plus a few more to roam around.

Never had this problem before. So I can't help you much more than that.

Does your board allow you to scout the youth league there? Celtic surely cannot have a lot of money?

Try checking your board room and see if they have placed any restrictions on where you can send your scouts.

Nope, won't even let me watch the SCOTTISH under 19s! in spite of the fact that "The board have indicated there are no restrictions in place regarding scouting.". seems like something's wrong here...

thanks for your feedback

Archived