Question about reputation.

I started a game last year around November (I think) with GIF Sundsvall in Swedish First Division (that's the second national league). In the beginning I had a reputation of 4550, the top Swedish clubs like Malmö FF and IFK Göteborg had a reputation of around 6000. Their Norwegian equivalents had a reputation of 6250 and 6000 (Rosenborg and Brann). Their Finish counterparts had a reputation of 5250 (Tampere and HJK). Iceland's team that comes into play in this question is Valur with a reputation of 4250.

That was 2007, now I'm at the end of 2015 and I find the following really strange:

- Rosenborg 6250 -> 6272 (07/08 4th Group E CL 2 points; 08/09 4th Group B CL 1 point; 09/10 nothing; 10/11 Uefa First Round; 11/12 Uefa 2nd Quali Round; 12/13 nothing; 13/14 Uefa 1st Round; 14/15 nothing; 15/16 Uefa First RTound (so far)) So nothing special there. Nothing exceptionally good or bad that might see a change in the reputation.

- Brann 6000 -> 6001 (3 times UEFA groupstage and 3 times not playing European football) Nothing special here either.

- HJK 5250 -> 5282 (07/08 Uefa First Round; 08/09 CL 1st Quali; 09/10 Uefa 2nd Quali; 10/11 Uefa 2nd Quali; 11/12 nothing; 12/13 Uefa 1st Round; 13/14 nothing; 14/15 Uefa 1st Round; 15/16 Uefa 2nd Quali) Here arises the first problem. We see an increase in reputation even though they haven't done nothing in Europe and only played champion once.

- Tampere 5250 -> 5253 (Nothing noteworthy, sometimes CL 1st or 2nd Quali, sometimes Intertoto, sometimes nothing) They have a small increase in reputation, probably by playing champion so often in Finland (since they played CL quali's 5 times I assume they're champions).

- Valur 4250 -> 4979 (07/08 Intertoto 3rd Round lost; 08/09 nothing; 09/10 CL 2nd Quali; 10/11 CL 1st Quali; 11/12 CL 2nd Quali; 12/13 Uefa 1st Quali; 13/14 Uefa 1st Quali; 14/15 CL 1st Quali; 15/16 CL 2nd Quali) What we see here is a substantial increase in reputation without any achievements. As soon as they had to perform in Europe, they lost. But still, a substantial increase in reputation.

Now we come to my situation. At the beginning of the game I had a reputation of 4550. Now in 2015 I only have a reputation of 4761 and I'm the best rated Swedish team (next is Goteborg with 4514) while in 2007 the best rated team had 6000 reputation.

This is what I achieved in all those years:

07/08 nothing; 08/09 nothing; 09/10 nothing; 10/11 nothing; 11/12 nothing; 12/13 Uefa 5th place Group B 1 point; 13/14 Uefa 1st Round; 14/15 CL 1st Knockout Rnd by finishing 2nd in Group B; 15/16 CL Group C so far) First 5 seasons I indeed did nothing, but after that I did some pretty good stuff with my small Swedish team, like reaching the final 16 teams in CL.

Furthermore the last 5 years I've played champions 4 time and placed 2nd once. I've also won the Swedish Cup 2 times. And top of the bill, I made my team the 68th richest club in the world so far (the only other Scandinavian team is Kobenhavn at 56). I have gotten myself from rank 305 to 134 on the UEFA club coeffient list and my country from 30 to 18 with an increase of 10 points ! And that all by myself since the other Swedish teams barely perform in Europe (comparable to the Finish results a little higher).

Now, where did all this lead to, you'll ask. Well, to this, why is my club reputation so low and why won't it get any higher? Before I played CL my reputation was 49xx and 2 years later (with a nice performance in CL) it suddenly drops to 47xx. What's causing this while the other Scandinavian teams see small increases whilst performing nothing? It's simply ******** in the first place anyway to give Finish and Icelandic teams such a high reputation since they suck pretty bad.

I'm really rich, I play champion almost every year, I belong to the best 120 teams in Europe and still I have players with an ability of 135-140 (used Genie Scout) complaining that they need to move to a bigger team. It's also frustrating to see Finish players go to weaker teams in their own league because they deem me not good enough, even though I would obliterate every single team in their competition.

Why SI, why?

I'm not sure but I think it may be quite hard to increase your reputation if you play in a low reputation league. Whether this is how it should be is a different matter. I haven't read the entire post but I'm guessing that you've done better in your league than the higher reputation teams yet you still have a lower reputation than these teams. Is this correct? If so then this may be a problem for the bugs forum.

However, you've only really achived anything in the last two seasons in terms of European football. Perhaps more sustained success is needed to get a noticeable reputation rise. Also, I think reputation updates at the end of the season, so if you're still mid way through your second seson in the champions league the reputation may not be updated to reflect this until the end of the season.

Originally posted by chopper99:

I'm not sure but I think it may be quite hard to increase your reputation if you play in a low reputation league. Whether this is how it should be is a different matter. I haven't read the entire post but I'm guessing that you've done better in your league than the higher reputation teams yet you still have a lower reputation than these teams. Is this correct? If so then this may be a problem for the bugs forum.

However, you've only really achived anything in the last two seasons in terms of European football. Perhaps more sustained success is needed to get a noticeable reputation rise. Also, I think reputation updates at the end of the season, so if you're still mid way through your second seson in the champions league the reputation may not be updated to reflect this until the end of the season.

Hehe, my initial post is perhaps a bit too long. The point is that I'm coaching a team in Sweden (2015) and the reputation barely goes up even though I'm the best Swedish team the past 5 years and I performed reasonably well in Europe while the other Scandinavian teams don't see a drop in reputation even though they perform pretty bad. This causes a lot of problems with trying to attract other Scandinavian players.

But perhaps I should give it some more time.

And my reputation dropped again to 4697 after I got it to 48xx after victories in the CL. People who say it prolly is from last season, last season I reached the last 16 in Champions League, became Champions in Sweden and won the Swedish Cup.

Sorry, but this is becoming to ridiculous.

Archived