Second season registration

This is a new rule that's going to be put into the Prem next year, and as you're there in the game...

It requries that 25 players be selected for the season, shirt numbers 1-25, but player under 21 or 19 (can't remember which) don't have to be registered at all. They just get a random shirt number before a game.

And for some reason, I don't know what - you can't do the same as when you submit a CL squad, in keeping the shirt number of the player below 21 who isn't registered. Presume it's to do with the numbers in the PL being set between 1 and 25.

It's slightly annoying if you have more than 25 players in your first team squad at first and some first teamers who are under 21 don't get a number, however if you make signings with this rule in mind and keep your first team squad at around 25 anyway it works out.

I tend to have a 23 man squad of full fledged first teamers registered and 2 open spots for potential new signings, or I give the numbers to great prospects

This has been a rule in Spain for as long as I can remember. There are some slight differences to ours though, but the fundamentals are the same. 25 man first team squad.

It's supposed to encourage promotion of youth players, rather than signing lots of experienced players.

Archived