FM2010 - Staffs love to jump ship?

I lost paul winsper to Spurs after 10 months and i was manchester united. He had 2 years on his contract! the fact that the warning that he had been offered a job and the mail telling me that he had accepted the job came in at the same time made it impossible for me to make a counter offer

Staff are far too eager to progress up the ladder in FM10

Youth Coaches want to become Coaches

Coaches want to become First Team Coaches

A Youth Coach at Juventus has been telling the media he wants to come to Genoa for 3 years. You'd think he would have got the message that i'm simply not interested in him.

It does need addressing though, theres no balance, a club can go through multiple coaches every season in FM10.

Staff are far too eager to progress up the ladder in FM10

Youth Coaches want to become Coaches

Coaches want to become First Team Coaches

A Youth Coach at Juventus has been telling the media he wants to come to Genoa for 3 years. You'd think he would have got the message that i'm simply not interested in him.

It does need addressing though, theres no balance, a club can go through multiple coaches every season in FM10.

totally agree. In 1 season i can have like more than 10 staff going in/out

This has been my one major problem with FM2010 so far. I have signed at least 4 coaches, all of whom were at least 4 stars, and then 6 months later, they're interested in going to another club. I have had coaches leave my club to go to one that is much less famous, even after I offer them the contract that they want. Given their stats, they were probably too good to have joined to begin with, but it's that they wanted to leave for lesser clubs, and the same contracts that I offered which doesn't make sense. And of course, now that I've won La Liga, they all want to come back. :)

I will say though, that this has led to one of my favorite FM moments so far. I had a 4 1/2 star fitness coach who just had to go join Spurs. This one was a bit believable given that they had just won the Premier League. So I offer him a new contract, but he denies it, and goes to Spurs. I go to look at what he's being paid there (it was the same) and see they have another fitness coach with good ratings. So I steal him away from Spurs, and it turns out this other coach has a 5 star rating, and wants less money! Take that Spurs ;)

Depending on the circumstances, I sometimes let them go. In the same week, I had Garreth Barry and Woodgate leave my staff to become managers of lower league clubs. Both very good coaches admittedly. I don't mind, I'll just steal equally good coaches from elsewhere.

I want to give them their chance in management, so if they ever face upto my team, I can smash them into the floor and show them they made the WRONG choice in leaving my club!

I get satisfaction from little things like that :)

Depending on the circumstances, I sometimes let them go. In the same week, I had Garreth Barry and Woodgate leave my staff to become managers of lower league clubs. Both very good coaches admittedly. I don't mind, I'll just steal equally good coaches from elsewhere.

I want to give them their chance in management, so if they ever face upto my team, I can smash them into the floor and show them they made the WRONG choice in leaving my club!

I get satisfaction from little things like that :)

But that's crazy la

Definately a problem as it really annoys me. Like other people here - I keep getting loads of approaches, coaches saying they want to join xyz and then you then have togo and poach someone else's coaches.

Mods - this needs to be toned down in 10.3.

Cheers

I lost paul winsper to Spurs after 10 months and i was manchester united. He had 2 years on his contract! the fact that the warning that he had been offered a job and the mail telling me that he had accepted the job came in at the same time made it impossible for me to make a counter offer

I have had the same problems several times! :mad:

Haha same thing happened to me.

I got a mail saying Notts County had made an offer for one of my coaches, then when I clicked on him he was already gone! I didn't get the chance to make my counter-offer.

to be fair that's only happened once though, usually I get a chance to make my offer and they usually stay.

I think it's a little over the top, but as long as you get the opportunity to make the staff member an offer to keep them should you wish it's not too bad (and sometimes it's actually a bit of a blessing).

But another problem is that sometimes we arent given that chance ;).

Do as i do sign them up offer them biggest contract length you can. then when this happens you pocket a tidy sum, i had Tim Flowers as my GK coach at Wednesday got him off free transfer within a few months he was off to Blackburn, i got a tidy sum for his departure as he was contract till 2014 and then i went and got another free agent to step in.

Agreed 3 of my youth coaches and 1 scout are currently spamming my inbox with declared interests...few days later liverpool or everton will swoop in for them.And i hate marc guitart he keeps wanting to join me for the last half year but i feel like screaming in his face NOT INTERESTED

Archived