Can you bring yourself to manage

On the network game I am in the host set it up as random premier clubs, there was a distinct possibility I could have been the Mancs or Everton.

I got Arsenal, which isn't as bad but still meh.

I would have enjoyed the mancs tbh, lots of free transfers out and many league 2 sides would have gotten a big cash windfall.

As a Don I've managed Celtic, (but I personally quite like them anyway) maybe Rangers once though I forget. Haven't managed Dundee Utd or Hearts I don't think though mainly because they fall below the standard of team I'm usually willing to manage. Wouldn't rule it out, though.

Then again I really don't hate any of these teams, though that comes and goes with their successes and failures, and other factors, like if I recently encountered a particularly obnoxious Gers fan. Rangers are certainly my least favourite of the above though I find it hard to "hate" a team that could get beat 4-1 at home by some Romanian team I hadn't heard of a year ago.

i managed derby 10 years ago, couldnt get myself to like them 1 bit and quit after a season. as a leicester fan there is a lot of clubs i wont manage now.

in the past i had some long games with york and man city. because of them i wont manage leeds or man utd either

Port Vale in league 2 would actually be something of an interesting challenge, decent size ground etc but as a Stoke fan I couldn't do it because, it's just not the done thing lol.

Also dontask, do you hate Stoke for essentially being the team to relegate you under Holloway couple seasons back and then celebrating our promotion on the pitch infront of your fans? It was great for us, but I imagine it would have annoyed a fair few leicester fans.

I can manage rival teams, no problem. On FM08 I took Derby into Europe, and on 09 I got Forest and Coventry to the Premier League. I've also managed Leeds and took them back to their glory days and I also hate them IRL.

However, I really struggle to get into a game as Leicester....

i actually dont hate stoke and very few of us do. we went down because we werent good enough over 46 games. being promoted to the premier is a dream for your club. roles reversed we would of done the same thing.

i think its fair to say both clubs have only gone forward since that day.

your teams rivals?

For some reason I find myself itching to manage Birmingham City, but as a Villa fan I just can't bring myself to do it.

Can you bring youself to manage your teams rivals?:eek:

No way would I manage Villa....

I'm a west ham fan, and i have managed Fulham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham in the game. I like the challenges, like getting Arsenal to win the league, getting Tottenham into champions league, getting Chelsea the title again and keeping Fulham going in europe.

The whole rival thing doesnt bother me in the game, ofcourse its completely different outside the game :D

I have had games with clubs which can loosely be termed Rivals, MK Dons, Cambridge, Corby and Nuneaton. However Kettering, Northampton, Oxford and Peterborough are places i would never venture on the game. Any win, even one as shallow as being higher than them on a computer game makes me happy.

No, because I would have to beat my team twice (plus eventually in the Cup) and I couldn't enjoy my success at a club I dislike anyway.

Also, playing them with the purpose of bringing them down would be pointless and quite a waste of time :)

I'd really start a savegame with leagues I don't have any "feelings" for, so I could really enjoy the game, instead of focusing on results (mine and of my rivals).

But no, I wouldn't ever think about managing Brann, Molde or even VIF. Strangely enough, I'm rather indifferent toward LSK...

I'm a Chelsea fan, and I find it hard to manage anyone else in the Prem, as I feel I would have divided loyalties... Plus if I leave it to the AI they waste millions on players they don't need! I probably could play as Spurs, though I'd have to sell Keane straight away. - Although I wouldn't want 'Arry to be out of a job!

No chance. I would never manage ANY club I hate on ANY football game, the list is quite long: Man Utd, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Barnsley, Doncaster Rovers, Celtic, Nottm F****t, Leicester, Chesterfield and Mansfield. I would also never manage the German, Republic of Ireland or Argentinian national teams, or any club from those countries.

Archived