I think staff should have special rechargable abilities

I think that some staff should have special abilities that you can enable and eventually recharge over time. Say for example you have a staff member that has the ability to make all players happy for a little while, but it takes a few months before you can use it again. It would be like a staff member has really good motivating skills but takes a while to write a new script.

Or maybe a staff member has the ability to reduce a players' wage by a certain percentage. Like maybe he's a keen lawyer and has found a loophole to reduce a players' wage by like 5% or something. But he can only do it once a year or something.

Another one I thought of is that a staff member has learned a really secret training tip and can increase a single stat for a player by a couple of points automatically. This would be quite rare and can only recharge once a year.

I think this will make selecting staff more important since it won't just be reliant on stats as to which staff member is best for you.

Yeah, i'd really love FM to become an RPG so we can level ourselves up and upgrade our players. Personally i'd equip my striker with a scimitar and equip all my defenders with steel armour. At the minute i'd see Zuculini as a bit of a mage so maybe giving him a staff and buying a few spells like firebomb and lightning strike would help too. Once i get some good staff in i'll be able to raise his spell casting abilities and intelligence by a few points, although it may be worthwhile actually selling him to raise money to buy some iron ore and an anvil so i can start crafting my own equipment as opposed to looking on the equipment list for the scraps other managers are selling.

No offence, but this isn't Dragon Age or any other RPG. This is a realistic football management sim modeled on the real world. Real world ass. managers don't have the ability to instantly up team morale.

Unless, of course, he is damn good at organising parties.

Or if he was a Carling ass. manager.

Yeah, i'd really love FM to become an RPG so we can level ourselves up and upgrade our players. Personally i'd equip my striker with a scimitar and equip all my defenders with steel armour. At the minute i'd see Zuculini as a bit of a mage so maybe giving him a staff and buying a few spells like firebomb and lightning strike would help too. Once i get some good staff in i'll be able to raise his spell casting abilities and intelligence by a few points, although it may be worthwhile actually selling him to raise money to buy some iron ore and an anvil so i can start crafting my own equipment as opposed to looking on the equipment list for the scraps other managers are selling.

I personally think you should be able to hire mercenaries (Ok, we kind of have this in loans but whatever...) and go to merchants for potions.

No offence, but this isn't Dragon Age or any other RPG. This is a realistic football management sim modeled on the real world. Real world ass. managers don't have the ability to instantly up team morale.

Unless, of course, he is damn good at organising parties.

Or if he was a Carling ass. manager.

Or indeed if he had the DVD of the closing speech in Any Given Sunday, play that for your team = guaranteed win. Trust me.

I personally think you should be able to hire mercenaries (Ok, we kind of have this in loans but whatever...) and go to merchants for potions.

For mercenary hiring, just play as Citeh or Chelsea ;-)

I put on my robe and wizard hat

Hah! Classic.

FWIW I think the original post is fine, for example - if things are going wrong in training your coach could organise a raid party and tell your physio they are low on mana, then they could sort out training you know, by er slaying a dragon or something.

The OP's previous ideas include:

Equipable items

Female staff having children and calculated ovarian cycles.

Player Quests

Setting out to injure players

btw, I screwed up the links but they should still work. My use of the URL code function needs improvement.

How did I miss these?? :eek:

To be fair, I've been thinking for some time that we just don't have enough ovarian cycles in this game. I'd also like to put in a request for physios on unicyles and training in tricycles.

:rolleyes:

Er, what kind of 'realistic' world does this guy live in? Not one with Santa and his elves, that's for sure.

I think to make this game more realistic your players should be able to equip items that assist them in some way on the field. For example you can equip your best striker with boots that give him +1 to speed and +1 to acceleration.

This is the one on breaking opponent players' legs:

Re: This should be in the game. Don't care how much flak I cop ...Obviously this isn't an idea for the faint of heart or the plain wussy. If you can't stomach doing this to an enemy player then that's fine. Don't expect the AI to be so compromising though. Clearly it wouldn't work every time though; since there'd be a chance you wouldn't injure the other player enough to do some serious damage which is unfortunate but realistic...

My advice is, take away his guns and walk away very quietly.

Im laughin so hard it hurts. I knew this thread was going to be good. Just not this good. Its got to be one of the best threads in a long time. This guy should be made a developer for CM. He could single handedly run them into the ground not that they need any help with that.

Are coming down the stairs! :D

Bananas in pyjamas are coming down in pairs

These are some very good ideas and they would actually add to the realism of the game if implemented. A special mission staff member who will take everyone for two days in Vegas, or a keen lawyer or someone with the special banned prescription "vitamins".

See, contrary to what most people believe, this game is massively unrealistic when it comes to staff and backroom management. It also unrealistically concentrates all of the manager's efforts in tweaking the tactics. In real life, tactics is a small part of what a manager does. I would say that football management is only about 10% tactics.

So, yes, anything that can add realism is welcome.

Oh, by the way, this poor poor feature of team talks etc that was introduced a few years ago and never developed: Can it evolve? At all? It is getting ridiculous now.

The OP's previous ideas include:

Equipable items

Female staff having children and calculated ovarian cycles.

Player Quests

Setting out to injure players

btw, I screwed up the links but they should still work. My use of the URL code function needs improvement.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Serious, i swear i hadn't seen these before i made my second post earlier in the thread.

This could work well for two-legged games or even at the start of the season against your top rival. It would be handy to break the leg or neck of their star player so that he's out for a while. It's likely the player you ask to do this won't be playing for a while so they possibly could refuse or ask for a lot of money else they'll spill the beans.

Just handy eh? Bloody hell.

Great imagination though :thup:

Maybe he would then call for this to be added to the game along with the female ovarian cycles....

Yeah, as a possible great perk for a player,:)

Like - huge morale boost for a team caused by the player singing in falsetto on Sundays after trainings.

Archived