Lack of Postponements

While it is good that postponements have recently come back due to bad weather... why is it there are never any more than one fixture postponed in each league on any given day? Recent real life events are an excellent case in point where many matches have been postponed, especially in the lower divisions.

SI need to look at this for the third patch or for FM2011.

i saw 3 postponed on the same day once!!! forest green, bath city and gloucester always seemed to be the home sides when matches got postponed in the BSS. It must be very wet in gloucestershire as it was always for waterlogged pitches!!!!

but i do agree, as we are in a small country, when we get adverse weather it hits most of us, so most lower league games should be postponed on the same day

• 11 months later...

I'm gravedigging... but I've played nearly two full seasons of FM2011 and postponements appear to be rarer than last year. With games being postponed left, right and centre in real life at the moment, when will FM be more realistic with weather postponements?

Oh, I'm playing in the Northern Premier League First Division South. A fortnight ago not a single game was played due to the snow in real life.

That is the sort of thing I'm on about. Obviously it wouldn't happen all the time through winter, indeed there may be a winter where the weather is good and there won't be many postponements at all... however I played into the 2030s in FM2009 and 2010 and never encountered more than two postponements over any given weekend in a division.

Archived