Euro Cup/ECC Issue

Currently playing as Burnley in the Premier, we came 2nd in the division (entry to ECC), won the league cup (entry to Euro Cup) and also won the FA cup which is also supposed to offer entry to the Euro Cup, up until season summary I was entered in both but when my 2016 European Championship started (I also manage Holland) the Euro Cup had vanished from my competitions list which is complete and utter nonsense as I legally gained entry to it twice only to discover that Man Utd somehow have it from being FA cup runners up, sorry SI but thats not fair, if a player has EARNED their way into both euro cups for the next season you MUST allow them to do so, anybody else noticed this? Going to keep playing until new season starts and see if it re-appears but I dont think it will even though I was told earlier "you won entry to it" a few months prior...:mad:

This is hilarious! Are you for real? The rules in real-life are that you can only enter one of the two European competitions. The fact you qualified for the Champions League through finishing second, overrides any qualification for the Euro Cup you may have achieved through other competitions.

I'm not convinced this thread is serious though.

Currently playing as Burnley in the Premier, we came 2nd in the division (entry to ECC), won the league cup (entry to Euro Cup) and also won the FA cup which is also supposed to offer entry to the Euro Cup, up until season summary I was entered in both but when my 2016 European Championship started (I also manage Holland) the Euro Cup had vanished from my competitions list which is complete and utter nonsense as I legally gained entry to it twice only to discover that Man Utd somehow have it from being FA cup runners up, sorry SI but thats not fair, if a player has EARNED their way into both euro cups for the next season you MUST allow them to do so, anybody else noticed this? Going to keep playing until new season starts and see if it re-appears but I dont think it will even though I was told earlier "you won entry to it" a few months prior...:mad:

He makes a good point though. Even though he's wrong that you can enter both competitions I feel that a club should be able to enter both if they've gained entry into both.

I think most teams would love the extra challenge and also the extra games they would get to play. The extra prize money would be handy too. The only problem I can think of is if they win both competitions so the Super Cup might be hard to arrange.

He makes a good point though. Even though he's wrong that you can enter both competitions I feel that a club should be able to enter both if they've gained entry into both.

I think most teams would love the extra challenge and also the extra games they would get to play. The extra prize money would be handy too. The only problem I can think of is if they win both competitions so the Super Cup might be hard to arrange.

So what happens if you finish 3rd in your CL group? Will you have two teams in the Europa Cup?

This thread is dead serious, having played FM08 and FM09 I was under the impression that if you EARNED a place in a competition you should be allowed to enter it REGARDLESS of any other wins, whats the point in being told you gained entry only for it to be recinded a few months later? If that happened in real life there would be one heck of a stink as your missing out on further glory and perhaps extra cash for the club, entry means entry...simple as, negation is not an option when I play!

You're not allowed to earn a place in both competitions in real-life, it's either one or the other. Why would you want the game to NOT reflect real-life?

This thread is dead serious, having played FM08 and FM09 I was under the impression that if you EARNED a place in a competition you should be allowed to enter it REGARDLESS of any other wins, whats the point in being told you gained entry only for it to be recinded a few months later? If that happened in real life there would be one heck of a stink as your missing out on further glory and perhaps extra cash for the club, entry means entry...simple as, negation is not an option when I play!

Am I reading it wrong, or some people here would actually like a fixture list like that...

* Saturday: EPL

* Tuesday or Wednesday [alternating]: Champions League

* Thursday: Europa League

* Saturday: EPL

Then throw in FA Cup and League Cup too...

I mean, come on... There are TWO European Competitions, and if your team qualifies for both, you'll just go for the most prestigious one.

Or do you want the Top 4 in EPL also getting a spot in Europa League?

If the thread is for real, I'm truly impressed :)

You lot is so funny, sure it would mean more games but I guess FML covers that yes?

The lack of imagination I see in some people is amazing, it's like when Man Utd won the treble but were denied entry to the FA cup for the next season....people really did'nt like it when they did that did they! Same thing here, denial of entry, which is almost like a punishment in a way, so lemme put it this way, if your not allowed entry, why does it initially appear on your comp list? ^_^

You lot is so funny, sure it would mean more games but I guess FML covers that yes?

The lack of imagination I see in some people is amazing, it's like when Man Utd won the treble but were denied entry to the FA cup for the next season....people really did'nt like it when they did that did they! Same thing here, denial of entry, which is almost like a punishment in a way, so lemme put it this way, if your not allowed entry, why does it initially appear on your comp list? ^_^

Utd opted out of playing in the cup that year, they wernt denied entry lmfao they just wanted to play in the WCC (ie sit on a beach and get a tan over in the middle of winter ;) )

Lol sounds like you've put some thought into this. What happens if they meet? Will the coach be able to manage both sides?

The assistant manager will have to manage one of the sides. Presumably the weaker side but it's up to the manager to decide.

Enough mocking of the mentally impaired, as hilarious and deserved as it is :p

Fact: You can only enter ONE of the ECC or EC. NOT both

If you gain entry to the EC, then later on, also qualify for entry into the ECC, then the previous EC qualification will become redundant and void. Meaning you will only take the ECC place.

They are 2 seperate competitions, designed for seperate teams. If teams in real life could qualify for both competitions, then clubs like Man Utd and Chelsea would qualify for them every year.

Also as far as I'm aware, you cannot gain a European spot through the League Cup, or am I wrong?

If you are already qualified for a European competition through your league finish, and you win the FA Cup, then the European place for that competition will go to the runner-up of the FA Cup. If they have also qualified for Europe, then that European spot in the EC will go to the next highest team in the Premier League that has not qualified already. 7th position I believe.

I honestly cannot believe for a second this thread is even close to serious though.

Look at Seville. They won the Euro cup a few years back and the gained CL qualification. Even as Euro holders they went into the CL because it is more prestigious and provides better financial rewards. Ask any player or club in the world as to which european competion they would rather win and you will only ever get one answer.

Screw it, close the damn thread, none of you took me seriously and simply laughed at the fact I did not know you were only allowed entry into one if you earned entry into both, just sounds like limited imagination, like a lack of ambition in the game, if you wanted help and got laughed at your self confidence would go down too, go look in the mirror before saying kak all

Screw it, close the damn thread, none of you took me seriously and simply laughed at the fact I did not know you were only allowed entry into one if you earned entry into both, just sounds like limited imagination, like a lack of ambition in the game, if you wanted help and got laughed at your self confidence would go down too, go look in the mirror before saying kak all

What does that even mean? (+ lmao at this thread :thup:)

What does that even mean?

I think he either means that we've been making fun of him by saying he has a limited imagination and has no amibition or love for the game, or he's saying we have no imagination or amibition in the game.

Stupid whichever one it is. :D

This is the most Retarted Topic i have ever read in my life!!!LOL!!!

Did the Thread starter feel offended at the fact that Burnley could not compete in ALL FIVE proffesional Divisions in England at the same time as well??They did "earn" the right to compete in them!!

Only four fully pro divisions in England last time I checked (Prem, Champ, League 1, League 2)

This belongs in the gold/classic forum :D

For future reference FusionBunny, if you qualify for both the ECC and EC, you're entered into the highest competition, which naturally is the ECC. It's not a case of "limited imagination" or "a lack of ambition" on the game's part, it's simply impractical and unfair to make a team play in 2 European Competitions over the course of a season.

First of all thanks for a great laugh.

Secondly even if a club could enter both competitions at the same time your players would be playing around 70 games a season if they went to the finals of both. Even if a rotation policy was used they'd be dropping like flies with injuries.

are you american by any chance??
This thread is dead serious, having played FM08 and FM09 I was under the impression that if you EARNED a place in a competition you should be allowed to enter it REGARDLESS of any other wins,

If you've played CM or FM anytime in the past you'd know how it works.

are you american by any chance??

Was just thinking that as I read his posts.

This has to be a wind up, really, it just has to be.:eek:

Actually Imma from the UK, I support Bolton, Man Utd and Portsmouth so YAY for me ^_^

I even beta for FML but that does not use proper leagues, maybe I should make like a special league so you CAN do what I think it should do and we will see if players die or not LOL

Why did everybody think I was joking? I really did not know, can we go eat some beef now?

Actually Imma from the UK, I support Bolton, Man Utd and Portsmouth so YAY for me ^_^

I even beta for FML but that does not use proper leagues, maybe I should make like a special league so you CAN do what I think it should do and we will see if players die or not LOL

Why did everybody think I was joking? I really did not know, can we go eat some beef now?

what????????

fusionbunny if you're from england you should have known the answer to your question before even asking it. What with a 38 game Premier League season, 6 games in the league cup (if they get to the final), 6 in the FA cup (once again if they get to the final) and 13 games in the Champions League without the preliminary rounds (if the team hits the final). I make that 63 games altogether. Now add on the Europa League and you're looking at touching 80 games throughout the season. Now considering that in the CL and EL you have to register 25 players for the competition it's feasible that your best players could maybe cope with one of the European competitions you'd be devaluing the other by playing a squad of reserves.

To be perfectly honest with you this whole thread seems like a big joke to me. you say you're a Bolton Man Utd and Portsmouth fan, well it should have been obvious considering that Utd are in the CL each year that they wouldn't want to play in the EL even if they could. UEFA rules state that if a team finishes in the places it has deemed suitable for their league for the CL that that takes precedence over any qualification for the EL. Look at a few years ago when Millwall played in the UEFA cup after Utd beat them in the FA cup final. That happened because Utd qualified for the CL.

This is a long issue, yep i have won both EUcup and CL the same season , got me 71.000 coefficients point LOL , next season i played in CL only ( too bad).

Fm07 had a fun issue where winning both the domestic champion and the EUcup will get you playing in the EUcup again next season (had to intentionally lose a final to enter CL)

Archived