Can't renew a contract because of work permits

So I have a 21 year old Honduran centre back whose contract I want to renew. When we first got him, it took an appeal before he was given a work permit.

He's been a regular for me in the past 3 seasons, notching up nearly 70 appearances for me, and he's also a regular for the national team.

So I want to renew his contract, but I can't because it says he can't get a work permit. This rather perplexes me, considering all the things I've described just there.

What should I do? I have a link with Lodz in Poland for work permits, but that's three years and I dunno what will happen at the end of this season when his Southampton contract is up :mad:

all i can suggest is cheating with fmrte and editing his stay in england.. lets say to -2 days whats needed for nationality.. then 2 days latter he wont need work permit.. or changing nationality as it is..

apart that.. if you got work permit once it should never ask again.. thats not how it works irl.. and i never saw it happen in my games before.. seems 10.2 bug.. as we never saw such topics in forums before.. and saw one yday and today yours.. must be new thing..

What would happen if I loaned him out to Lodz? I have a link with them, but I have no idea what will happen at the end of this season.:confused:

If you want to, renew his contract, keep him in your team and, as he's already been in England for 3 years, he'll get a work permit in 2. That's faster then sending him to a work permit feeder club, because most of them require 3 years.

Archived