Manchester United money problem

Hello,

I'm playing with ManU at the moment. I'm currently in my first season in December. I am losing 15 million euros per month. When I started the game I had 140 million on my bank account now it's only 50 million by March I won't have any money left at all.

Does anyone have some suggestions how to solve the problem before I end in bankruptcy?

This would really be nice.

Thanks in advance.

It is probably due to the huge bank loan united has. Best thing u can do is get rid of players with high salaries and replace them with hot prospects. Also, you can edit the loan for united; there are programs out there that will allow you to cheat.

Having similar issues, the 5 million pound monthly debt payments are murder. It's probably not a good idea to go over your transfer budget by buying players over 48 months. If you have a 50 million budget, then you shouldn't try to spend 150 million.

Each summer you should make plenty of money back in TV/prize money, just keep an eye on those transfers and try to keep the wage budget well under what your allowed. I plan to release Van der Sar, Neville, Giggs and Scholes just for that reason. I'll only re-sign any of them if they accept hugely reduced terms. Any player on large wages not in the team should probably be moved on quickly and replaced with much less expensive back ups. Doubt I'll have Owen or Hargreaves in my 2nd season, they are out on loan for now just to get rid of the wages for a few months.

The Man Unt thread in the Good teams/player forum might have some advice too.

Get rid of any players/staff that you don't need and when you send players on loan or recieve a loanee make sure the other team is paying their wages.

Big teams such as Man Utd have a very high expenditure and therefore rely on winning trophies and getting prize money at the end of the season to supliment their income, so if you win the PL and/or CL then your bank balance should be healthy again.

Thanks for the really fast replies, I feared that I've done something terribly wrong as I lost so much money every month but it seams that others who play with United seem to have the same problems.

Sold players for 20m € and bought for 50m

If the price money and the money from TV contracts is really that high in the Premiership than I'll hopefully get some money at the end of the season.

The debt is really massive ...

If the price money and the money from TV contracts is really that high in the Premiership than I'll hopefully get some money at the end of the season.

The debt is really massive ...

It is, and add the CL prize and TV money to that and you shouldn't have a problem. I doubt you'll be able to spend big every season though, maybe 1 top class player a year, or build a team of cheaper youngsters. I plan to do a bit of both.

Sorry for going off topic but don't Manchester Utd have to reach the Quarters of the Champions League every year to service the debt? and if they didn't they would go under?

Sort of hard to judge. If they struggle to win the EPL and reach the latter stages of the CL for a few years then I'm sure spending will be greatly reduced. As it is, as long as they keep being competative and keep selling merchandise across the globe, I think they'll be fine.

Gahahaha! :D

Good. I'm glad to see United founder.

On a serious note, Robyrot's on the right track - you'll have to sacrifice better players for younger players on much lower wages. This is the easiest way to lessen the financial burden and dig yourself out of the current fiscal rut. It will take many years but you can survive as Man United, as it's been done many times.

You'll get huge Champions League tv/prize money and Premiership prize money each summer and a hell of a lot of season ticket sales.

I would not worry about running a big debt during the season, you can go as low as £20M and it won't matter.

Also, United get over £20M of investment each summer and the sponsorship comes to about 30M.

Sample of United's income:

Season tickets £35M+

Investment from board 20+M

Sponorship £28M

Champions League TV and Prize Money £30M

Premier League Prize Money £20M

Then repeat the cycle of losing money during the season

Concerning debt, I've just been calculating for the bigger one and the numbers don't add up.

Loan is supposed to be till 21.12.2035 which is about 318 months. 3.72 M/per month for 318 months amounts to almost 1200 M. That's more than double the figure that stands in the game (519 M). Any explanations?

Archived